Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car crashed into few questions...

Options
  • 22-07-2007 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'm sure a pair of Lexus lights off the net is cheaper than a new tail light from Peugeot. I think you just have to get a bodyshop to do an estimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

U can sort it out two ways.

1. he can agree to pay for all the costs cos hes at fault

or

2. go thru your ins and the costs will be covered

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think the real question is "are modified cars covered to bring them back to the condition they were in before the accident?"

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭geurrp the yard

Correct me if im wrong but dont insurance companies ask you,do have you any modifications made to the vechical?.I know this is the case with quinn. So if your man pays through the insurance i think its up to you to declare weather you has lexis lights on the vechical when you renewaled your policy. If he pays without the insurance company happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,141 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If the insurance company are covering the cost of repairs then they will repair the car to it's original condition and specification unless you specifically told them about fitting the after market parts. So unless your car is actually a Lexus it is very unlikely Lexus type lights will be covered by the insurance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Aye, but if left into a garage to be repaired, they'll just send out the bill, regardless of what parts are on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

The insurance company of the guy that crashed into you will more than likely send out an assessor. You can probably get a few quotes for he repair. The assessor will determine whether or not the quotes are excessive.
    With regard to replacing your "lexus" lights, you should talk to the guys doing the quotes, i.e. the panel beater & get him to factor in the cost of your lights.
    Sometimes the insurance company send you the settlement cheque directly. If they don't do this just work with the people doing the repairs to ge tthem to pay for the Lexus lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

NiSmO wrote:

So, how were the races? did you get a good viewing spot? would have loved to go myself but ended up doing some maintenance on the bike.

L.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Fanboy

Again, the advice on here is wrong.

The insurance company must replace what is broken. It doesnt matter a monkeys if you have declared the mods or not, they wont even look at your policy or contact your company.

The idea of insurance is that the 'victim' is in the same 'place' after the accient then they were before. Your car should be restored to the exact state as it was before they crashed into you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Correct. You are the victim here. He must pay up even if you have gold quater panels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 robs666

:eek: stupid kids

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I presume that the genuine article would be more expensive than the tat you have put on.

If I were you, I would try to get the insurance to put the car back to the way Peugeot made it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Correct me if im wrong but dont insurance companies ask you,do have you any modifications made to the vechical?.I know this is the case with quinn. So if your man pays through the insurance i think its up to you to declare weather you has lexis lights on the vechical when you renewaled your policy. If he pays without the insurance company happy days.

your asked if there are any mods made to the engine. You can stick anything you like to the outside as it makes FA difference to the perfromance.

Problem is though insurance companies try hard to get out of a jam. So they may not pay for it. I'd get the parts myself and show the receipts to whoever is paying. Btw thats a new bumper + lip + respray.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Bond-007 wrote:
    Correct. You are the victim here. He must pay up even if you have gold quater panels.
    I think what most people are getting confused by is the case of the vehicle being written off and your insurance paying for it. The insurance company will only pay the cost of replacing the vehicle with an equivalent of the same year and mileage/condition, not the cost of replacing it and glueing on some decorations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Probably a cheque made out to you.

WRT modifications, I rang my insrance company before I uprated my brakes, and was told that there was no need to let them know as it wasn't making the car faster.

Fey

Just go trough his insurance, and he can pay them back if he wants, and his no claims is re-instated.

That way, theres no hassle of sorting out money from him, taking his word for it etc etc etc.

Also...I know you know now, but technically insurance is there to put you back in the same financial situation before the accident.
    In otherwords, no matter how modified the car is, it will be repaired or the value given to you. Its just up to you that you had these things on the car...ie not claiming for things on your car that you didnt have.

Advertisement