Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brothers msn always signs on.....

Options
  • 21-07-2007 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭

didnt really know where to post this but every time I go online my brother's msn instantly signs on, now its not an msn thats on the computer because they're always signed out its annoying because I cant sign out of it the only way I can stop getting messeges is to sign on to my brothers account on the actual msn and put appear offline however this means I cant go on my msn

still with me...

Basically whenever I do that this messege pops up saying ''you have been signed out of .net'' or something

how do i stop my brothers msn signing on all the time when its not even on the computer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Problem.
    [/] Check box to sign in automatically.

Solution.
    [ ] Check box to sign in automatically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

No binomate thats not what i meant at all im not an idiot

it keeps signing on and i recieve messeges but i cant find the msn server its not actually on my computer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

So your saying that msn is not not on your machine... but it signs into your brothers account..

They might be able to help you in the paranormal forum.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

I have the same problem... Windows messenger is already installed on xp but doesnt show up. There is no box to stop it automatically signing in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

if you google around theres a command for removing Windows Messenger from the computer.

Edit: I decided to find it for you go to start run and paste the following into the run box.
    RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

For xp the cheap way of stoping this (without uninstalling) is to rename the msmsgs.exe file to something else (i.e. msmsgs1.exe) so that it is not picked up by the startup scripts...

alternatively you can change your startup scrips..

Google it!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Start > Programs > Windows messenger
    Open it.

Tools > Options > Preferences.

You can figure the rest out from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

didnt really know where to post...
    Over 2 years here and you don't? Here's encouragement and a tip: Tech.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement