Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laotop display issue

Options
  • 21-07-2007 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭

Recently the LCD screen on my laptop broke while still under warranty and I had it replaced. In the days before it broke my display started rotating of it's own accord 90 - 180 degrees at time. Control ,Alt and an arrow key brought it back.It was happening maybe every 5 minutes in the days before the LCD completely gave up (ie. it was only showing coloured lines and only worked if pressure was applied to a small patch at the side).

I got my laptop back on Thursday and while the new LCD does work now the dispay is still rotating (allbeit less frequently-it's once every 15mins now).I now have 4 days left under warranty. Is the fact that this is happening still an indication that the new LCD screen is faulty? Is it something I should make a fuss to have looked at it again ? I'd probably put up with it and presume it was some odd setting that I'd activated if it hadn't started right before the last LCD went kaput! Any advice ?

Advertisement