Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking a Vodafone Contract

Options
  • 21-07-2007 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hey,

I have a vodafone billpay mobile, the problem is, where I live the coverage is appaling compared to other networks. Most of the time the phone has one bar of coverage, sometimes a bit better but most of the time its emergency only. Texts take a long time to come through. My friend has an O2 phone and he never has any issues with coverage, ever.

Does anyone know if this is grounds for legitamitely cancelling a contract.

Thanks

L

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Is it a legitimate reason? Yes. Is it a reason where they'll let you out of the contract for free? Probably not. Mobile contracts are notoriously hard to break without having to buy them out. I had a similar problem with Meteor a couple of years back, my sis lives in one of these out in the sticks new build suburbs where I got precisely ZERO coverage all the time. They wouldn't let me out without me having to buy it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Not true. I know several people who have gotten out of contracts but only after registering a number of complaints.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Surely "fit for purpose" should apply to these contracts as with anything else?

(I've been in the same position myself, with the same company. My contract was due to expire anyway, so I politely told them to go fúck themselves when they made no effort to deal.)

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭legoman

My contract is not up for ages so I'm not exactly willing to buy them out. I think I'll just make numerous complaints on a regular basis and see how far I get with that.

Advertisement