Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who has finished the book?, no spoilers please

Options
  • 21-07-2007 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Ya so just finished it there about an hour ago. Great thing about living in New Zealand is that it came out at 11 in the morning so had a proper nights sleep then just read it at my leisure. Better than the time i spent all night reading The Order of the Phoenix and finished it at seven in the morning, that screwed me up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Got it at midnight last night, started at half past, finished by 5 in the morning. And now I have work in half a hour on 3 hours sleep. Yay. >.<

Edit: What's very amusing about the whole thing is that I had the book read before it even went on sale in the US, as it was midnight local time there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Mkl

Just finished now, i had read no spoilers before reading it and i loved it. My favourite out the series by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yeah I finished about 15 minutes ago, I really enjoyed the book! Must be my favourite out of all of them so far. Myself, my cousin and sister were all reading in the same room in perfect silence, but every now and again someone would laugh really loudly or exclaim "Oh My!" and everyone would say "SHHH DON'T SAY IT!"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Finished :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sophya

Finished about 20 minutes ago. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Same, bout 10 minutes ago. Wanted to stay up all night but got too tired :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Finished it at 5pm ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

:D Was brilliant! A little predictable perhaps, but still unreal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Agreed, just finished it about 30 mins ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Started at 8:30 while working in the cinema.. got home at 2:30, 200 pages in, finished a short while ago. Tears, laughter, happiness... yay

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

Finished it this afternoon, due to falling asleep while reading (should have planned my sleeping better beforehand) at some point in the am.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Finished. I'm in California though, so I only got hold of it 8 hours after the rest of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

finished about a half hour ago. awwwwwwwwwwwwesommmmmmmmmmmmmmme!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

finished it at about 5....it was a bit deadly!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Finally finished. Damn distractions :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I finished about 8 oclock last night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Not being big-headed or anything, but Kernunos created this thread for me... Didn't you my precious??;)

I got it in Limerick at midnight, was 16th in the queue and therefore it was free.

I loved every page!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Hvae only read up to Prisoner of azkaban. bought this and Half blood prince yesterday. waiting on getting the 4 and 5th from ebay hopefully. want them all hardback. so Ill be another few weeks :p

I have seen the 4th and 5th films... should I read the books anyway before starting half blood prince?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Definately, the films are shíte and leave so much out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Probably, the fourth and fifth films had to chop out a lot of content in order to fit the books into reasonable length movies. You'd know enough from the films to make sense of everything but if I were you, I'd wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

thats what I thought anyway. they left loads out from the azkaban film so id only imagine, due to the size of the two books after, they left more out of the films for those

Advertisement