Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H.P Pavillion Vs Toshiba Satellite

Options
  • 20-07-2007 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

Hi guys
    my housemate is wanting to buy a laptop and was asking me for advice.
    Being honest any laptop he buys will be sufficient for what he will be doing..
    General browsing, word processing, listening to music..

I have a HP pavillion and think its great only for the battery life...
    But I remember those Toshiba Satellites are nice to use aswell.

I will prob buy from Komplett.. seems like good prices....

Opinions/suggestions please..
    Appreciated thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 robs666

komplett are well priced definately, as for the laptops the HP would be better than the toshiba, but theres a fine price difference too, pity there all runnning vista tho, still too glitchy if you could pick up something runnning xp it might run smoother...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Tiesto, simply put........find one that has the specs your mate requires and go with that. With every brand you will have some for and some against.

I have a Toshiba Satellite (A-60 series), but am switching over to a HP Pavillian, just ordered it today for €914 including delivery.

I guess one of the main criteria would be how much is your mate willing to spend, its all down to the dosh in the end.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Have friend who works for the Geek Squad, the repair section of one of the Best Buy electronics department stores in the States. They sell many of the well known brands of laptops, including HP and Toshiba. He told me that they get more repair requests for HPs than Toshibas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

:) thanks for the responses all.
    The concensus seems pretty much 50/50.. Maybe 55/45 for HP..
    Reading ur replies I thought maybe he should go for the HP... but then i notice my battery is nearly dead.. the battery life on my pavillion absolutely sucks..
    Is the toshiba any better?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,181 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I have a Toshiba and I'm very happy with it, I've had it about 8 months, the battery was 2 hours and is still 2 hours, I think its down to being a bit careful how you use and recharge it though, regardless of make.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

The battery life on my Toshiba Satellite varies with apps and how I set my power plan. Never had less than 2 hours. On balanced I get 2.25, and on power saver about 2.5 hours.

Advertisement