Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco found a great way to make more money

Options
  • 20-07-2007 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

Now thats a clever way to make money. Just charge more if you buy 2 items.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭icemanjimbo04

What store was this in?? This should be in the bargains alert thread!! ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Should be alright, great way for people to stock up on free stuff once the highlight the price mistake :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Tesco often have 'deals' like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭rh555

I am actually wondering if they would really charge u €5 if you buy 2 of these or would it be €4.72?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

is that not a supervalu tag?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Often see deals like that.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I saw tea bags that were cheaper to buy two 50 packs than one 100 pack. Thats a really common thing in Tesco. And always check your till receipt to make sure you paid correctly for bogof and similar offers.:)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I'd say you do get charged. Most stores' shelf labels are printed by the POS software which will have the 'deal' in the item's record. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,852 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

ah, but the receipt details the multi-buy deals at the bottom.

so it would be fairly obvious if you looked at the receipt that they'd charged you extra...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I had to laugh last week when I noticed that Tesco in Dooradoyle in Limerick were selling 2 litre bottles of coke for €1.81 and selling 2-packs of the same liquid for €3.63. Nowhere near as good as the OP's 28-cent premium for 2 jars of salsa though.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Dunnes toilet roll costs less for 3 4-packs than for 1 12-pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

parsi wrote:
    I've said it before and I'll say it again - Dunnes toilet roll costs less for 3 4-packs than for 1 12-pack.

Goes for a lot of pack sizes, some are not as obvious, e.g. a 500g vs 800g pack of something. It is not as easy to do the math. The price per kilo is a good thing to compare, but often it is incorrect, dunno what the laws or policy is on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Another Dunnes rip off:

Cooked ham, 8 slices €1.29
    16 slices €2.99 same ham. 41 cent premium on the bigger package

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

LOL tesco always have smart assed pricing like that. for example when buying toilet roll its cheaper to buy 2 or 3 packs of 4 toilet rolls than 1 pack of 8 or 12 rolls. difference is about 70 cent :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

2 for €5 is 2 large bags of doritos with one dip for €5!!! ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Today in Artaine Castle, they are making much fuss about their 16 roll pack of own brand toilet paper but it's better value (price per roll) to buy the 12 pack.

There can be up to 20c difference (up and down) one week to the next in their price for a double pack of 2 litre Diet 7up.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

They need to put calculators on the trolleys dammit! So we can work all this stuff out.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Buy 4 before they run out!

Advertisement