Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question: Single RSS Feed for Instructables.com ?

Options
  • 20-07-2007 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

I'm sure many of the Lifehackers forum users are familiar with Instructables.com, and equally familiar with using web syndication using RSS & Atom feeds.

If you are, then you're also know that there are 8 different RSS feeds for the categories: Art; Craft; Food; Home; Life; Not Liable; Ride and Tech.

My question is this:
    is there a nineth feed that has everything in it?

Many of the submissions are in two categories, and so appear in two feeds (Not Liable being a common second category). This means that it goes into my feed aggregator twice, and seeing as the point of RSS aggregators (in my opinion) is to save time it's kinda annoying.

I've already considered possible workarounds, like feedjumbler, which although works, doesn't strip out the duplicates. Is there anything else I haven't considered, like some way to filter out similar feeds?

And ideas & suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement