Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buddhist community in South East (Wicklow/Wexford)

Options
  • 20-07-2007 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

We have recently moved to the Wicklow/Wexford border and are keen to find other people in the area who are interested in Buddhism, and would be delighted to find a network of Buddhists in the area. If there isnt then we would love to hear from people who would be interested in meeting up with like-minded others, perhaps for regular meditation and/or discussions.

Background is in the Gelug tradition, not very established or regular with our practice, but would like to see that change.

Look forward to hearing from anyone with any info or interest.

DrD.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Katie Mary

I have been doing a lot of reading over the past 2-3 years on Buddhism, Various authors. I do a day's meditation about every 3-4 months a year in Gorse Hill, Greystones, north Wicklow, organised by a Vipassana group in south Dublin.
    I would like to improve my meditation. I've been doing it for about 35 years, but on a daily basis for the past few years every morning.
    Have you been able to start a group and where is it located? I am a few miles outside of Wicklow town. Meditation is my primary interest, although if some of the Irish Buddhist centres were nearer, I would take courses with them.
    Thanks,
    Katie Mary

Advertisement