Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tanzania-Mainland & Zanzibar

• 20-07-2007 8:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭

I'm thinking of combining a trek up Mt. Kilimanjaro and a few days on a beach in Zanzibar - does anyone know whether it be better to sign up to a tour company from here like Intrepid to do the trek (you can also sign up for the beach part too with them) or is it easy to figure it out once you get over to Tanzania?

Bearing in mind, would it be safer for a single white female to prebook a tour in advance?

Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭pickledfish

I went to Tanzania for 3 weeks in 2003. Made all arrangements when i got there and it was excellent. If you go to Arusha you'll be able to find plenty of tour operators there. We went with a company run by an american guy (whose name escapes me now) and I couldn't recommend them highly enough. I'll try to find their name.
    I'd recommend a trip to Ngorongoro crater also when you're up that way.

Zanzibar should be kept for last so you can relax after your efforts. Beautiful place in the North of the island called Kendu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭aviendha

Thanks a mill pickledfish - please let me know the name of the company if it comes to you!

I'll try to dig out the name of the crowd and if I can get it I'll pass it to you. The guides they had for us on Kili were top class. Some of them are very poor but our guide was experienced and friendly and we had the best food of anybody we met on the trip.

pm'd you. good luck

Advertisement