Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Masters - Summer Festival - 1st-5th May'08

Options
  • 20-07-2007 3:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭

During the May bank holiday weekend we will be holding the inaugural Irish Masters, summer festival.

Thursday 1st May
    Super Satellite (All Tickets to Main Event)
    €150 (€15 Reg Included), One Rebuy or Top-Up €100 (No Reg)
    Est 20 Tickets
    Starting Chips 3k
    Rebuy Chips 5k
    20 Min Blind Levels
    8pm Start

Friday 2nd May
    Main Event (4 Day Event)
    €1500 (€150 Reg Included)
    Est €200,000
    Starting Chips 25k
    90 Min Blind Levels
    3pm Start

Saturday 3rd May
    Supporting Tournament (3 Day Event)
    €500 (€50 Reg Included)
    Est €75,000
    Starting Chips 15k
    60 Min Blind Levels
    4pm Start

Sunday 4th May
    Pot Limit Omaha (2 Day Event)
    €250 (€25 Reg & €25 Scalp Included)
    Est €10,000
    Starting Chips 10k
    40 Min Blind Levels
    3pm Start

€150 FO (€15 Reg Included) 2 Day Event
    Est €20,000
    Starting Chips 7k
    30 Min Blind Levels
    8pm Start

Monday 5th May
    Triple Shoot-Out (Limited to 128 Players)
    €150 (€15 Reg Included)
    Est €15,000
    Starting Chips 7k
    30 Min Blind Levels
    3pm Start

€100 (€15 Reg & €10 Scalp Included)
    Est €10,000
    Starting Chips 6k
    20 Min Blind Levels
    7pm Start

Live and Onlive satellites starting soon !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

wowzer...lot of effort gone into this already, cant wait :D

another great game, will u let us know when sats start online

Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

I know its a year away but yeah, brilliant.....Do you have a venue in mind JP?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Good luck with this JP. You are putting alot of work into the Irish Poker scene and deserve the support.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Mother of Jebus, those structures are ridiculous!!!!! This looks fabulous, and I would be a raging certainty to play some of those events. I only hope that the brilliant structures don't mean that too many people are in previous events still to water down the field for subsequent fields.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

carfax wrote:
    I know its a year away but yeah, brilliant.....Do you have a venue in mind JP?

Hi Stephen,

Forgot to mention it going to be held in the Red Cow Hotel. I'll have a meeting with them next week and will find out room rates for players.

Starting from this Sunday i will be giving out €150 tickets at the Red Cow to the top finishers as part of their prize. The tickets will be for may bank holiday weekend and can be used in any of the events listed above or in SnG's for any of the events listed above.

The amount of tickets given out on any Sunday will not exceed 15% of the total prize pool from that day.
    Jp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Russh

Wow! This looks fantastic JP...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

its good that this is on during my finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,197 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I've been drooling over the structures for the last few minutes. wowowowowowowowwowowowowowowwowowowow (the ME structure is so ****ing sick good).

I would add in a 25 / 25 level for the omaha. But apart from that - it gets my vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

ugh... disaster... starting salary for business graduate... approx 25k... how do i justify dropping close to 10% of a salary in 5 days!!! JP.. the cause of and solution to all poker problems!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Wow, looks brilliant JP. Fair play to ya. Hopefully a poor student like me will be rolled to play that main event by next May and not have to sell the car.:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭pumpkinpints

valor wrote:
    QFT, WHY NOT JUNE?? give us and the dealers a chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Sounds great. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

valor wrote:
    for your bankroll, yes

JP count me in for ME for definite. I've never started a tournament with 25k chips!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

ocallagh wrote:
    for your bankroll, yes

JP count me in for ME for definite. I've never started a tournament with 25k chips!

I was gunna say 'or ended one!' as some sort of put down.

But it doesn't make much sense. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭pumpkinpints

The-Rigger wrote:
    I was gunna say 'or ended one!' as some sort of put down.

But it doesn't make much sense. :p
    Well i doubt he has ever ended one per se, so it works all the same.

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

savage structure JP. What will the blinds start off at at for the ME and the Supporting event on the saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

oops....saw the link now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

jsut thinking now, wasnt it May last year that there were like 4 big buy in tournaments in the month, as far as i remember there isnt one big buy in tournament in Feb/March, only IO in April, or are your hands tied. May is a horrbile month for anyone who is in college/education

jsut thinking now, wasnt it May last year that there were like 4 big buy in tournaments in the month, as far as i remember there isnt one big buy in tournament in Feb/March, only IO in April, or are your hands tied. May is a horrbile month for anyone who is in college/education

Hi Joe,

I actually tried getting the August bank holiday weekend for this for that reason, but it wasn't available. The June bank holiday weekend wasn't available either and the October bank holiday weekend is the same weekend as the EPT.

The IO is in March next year.

I know Neill from Big slick has been talking about poker organisers getting together to make a calender. So hopefully next May won't be the same as this year.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I heard a little dickie bird suggest that the next GJP 1k event will be around Feb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

JP this looks sh@t hot and fair play to you for taking the risk of organising such a big event, and I'm sure there will be loads of support from all the guys on here.
    Best of Luck...!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

JP this looks sh@t hot and fair play to you for taking the risk of organising such a big event, and I'm sure there will be loads of support from all the guys on here.
    Best of Luck...!
    shat hot?

Advertisement