Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crazy irish weather

Options
  • 19-07-2007 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

ok now before i start i must point out that this is not my opinion nor do i think it is right and actually find it laughable, here goes

my sister thinks that because the weather we are getting is like winter weather and that our whole climate system has changed and we will have sun for the winter, now that i think is nonsense, what do ye think, (and no, she is not a child)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

The weather will do what the weather wants, you have to remember we had a fairly good winter not many hard frosts and sadly hardly any snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 opinionking

i am under the same thought but she is a bit of a dumbass, anyone else got some theories

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭kkontour

Maybe our climate is turning tropical,
    Warm, humid, wet and thundery summer, and dry winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 opinionking

or maybe an indian summer, not sure what it is but ive heard about it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

or maybe an indian summer, not sure what it is but ive heard about it

As far as I know an 'Indian summer', is a spell of considerably hot, dry, still weather that occurs out of the summer period, ie in September or October, didnt we have one a few years back?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

April this year has been the most summer-esque month so far IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A true Indian summer is very late ie October/November almost unheard of in truth. We might get lucky and have a late summer in Sept.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

The crazy Irish Summer is to blame for the late rush to the Passport Offices around the country...mind you there's probably no need now as conditions have vastly improved here since Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Or it could be that the gulf stream is shifting south or breaking up, which would leave us and most of Europe in a more or less Canadian climate. The weather has been truly unreal for the last few months (two years?). I've got steam coming from my breath this morning, in the middle of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Fúck me the weather was unreal tonight. Was driving home from Dublin via Ashbourne\Kentstown, the weather seemed ok one minute (brightish, light showers) and the next it was nearly dark and absolutly pouring. By the time I got out past Navan the roads were flooded in places and im sure I heard thunder too. My mate thinks the world is going to pieces lol. Interestingly (or not) it was the first time ive had to use the maxium windscreen wiper speed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Even Evelyn Cusak had to comment on last night's broadcast that the jet stream moving so unusually far south "is not funny"...how right she is, its a joke now! Note: write off August for any decent late Summer sun.

Advertisement