Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Screen

Options
  • 19-07-2007 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

My laptop screen broke so i replaced it .It works perfect except when i first turn on the laptop during the bios white patches and lines appear on the screen like interferance.does anyone know what the problem could be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Did you change any resolution settings recently? Have you tried starting Windows in safe mode? Basically, keep tapping F8 when you boot the laptop until you get a black and white screen of text. Choose to boot in Safe Mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

it works ok in windows both safe mode and normally.its just when i first turn it on while is is in the bios screen it flickers white but then it goes normal.it is just annoying at the start and want to make sure its ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I've seen that sort of a pattern when changing resolution. The resolution upon startup is around 800x600, possibly less. The flickering you see could be the resolution change to your OS's startup screen. At least it's working fine.

What refresh rate are you using?

Advertisement