Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 19-07-2007 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

POST ... in particular Post in Spain .. you probably know this from getting postcards from SPain how slow post is from/to Spain..

I live here, it took 6 weeks for a play.com item to arrive here ..
    there is no excuse for that !!.. its a simple system designed for idiots to understand :
    idiots in the UK post office see SPAIN
    but it in the international box
    Idiots at airport
    put it on Spanish flight
    Idiots in Spain see BARCELONA
    send it to BARCELONA
    idiots in Barcelona see Postcode and street name ... give it to whoever is doing those rounds
    i mean
    simple isn't the word..

But this is a general rant about post, even in Ireland ..
    anyone who works in a POST sorting floor tell me how mail can take
    so long ??
    surely 6 weeks for an item to get from the UK to Spain is inexcusable..

//end rant..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Could be customs as well. Anything I order from play.com takes ages. Ordered a game in their sale and it took 3 weeks to arrive. Postman was outside my door last Saturday morning looking for €5 customs :mad:
    I remember ordering something before and after it not arriving for 5 or 6 weeks play.com posted me a replacement. Both arrived together a few days later :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Doesn't the stuff from play come from the Netherlands via england?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Terry wrote:
    Doesn't the stuff from play come from the Netherlands via england?

Comes from Jersey. Now that I think of it, there was a postal strike in Britain a few weeks back, it may have mixed things up and slowed everything down.

You are correct.
    It's a different site that sends stuff from the Netherlands. Can't think of the name right now. Similar set up to play.
    Yeah, the postal strike may also have had an effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

There's a little more that goes on in the postal sorting office than you'd think. A letter can spend at least a day in a sorting office, some of the parcels even longer. If the address is poorly written or the address is written incorrectly it could lead to confusion and it could be sent do a completely different node. From Dublin, letters addressed to some of the western counties have to go through two sorting offices and then what ever node the letter is addressed to. Nearly every letter sent over shores has to go through more sorting offices.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

The last two packages from play arrived (eventually) marked mailtrace. Play-asia on the other hand comes really quicky. I think the problem is either customs targeting play, or just play.com somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Im waiting for a leter from the Philipines for 3 weeks now. The post out my way in Dublin 15 is terrible.. I ordered tickets from ticketmaster. They posted them on a Wednesday and I didnt get them until the following Tuesday. Most of my post comes on a Wednesday and Friday with nothing on other days. It seems to be a major problem out in the new estates out my way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Well its not customs as this is a book ..

Are Revenue still targetting play.com ?
    i thought this was just around Xmas time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The English postal system is cuck aswell they might have something to do with it. Post often goes missing or takes weeks.

Nothing beats the Irish system you don't even need the correct spelling or complete address in some places out the country, the postman knows all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

ScumLord wrote:
    Nothing beats the Irish system you don't even need the correct spelling or complete address in some places out the country, the postman knows all.
    Indeed ... about 5 years ago I was posting something to a friend who lived out the country, but couldn't remember the exact address at the time. I left it aside with some other letters until I could check the address. All I had written on it was her name.

Unfortunately someone else saw the letters, presumed they were ready for posting, and dumped them in the mailbox without looking.

Three days later she received her letter! She happened to be at home, and the postman proudly explained that as her surname was very common in that parish, the sorting office in Galway had chanced routing it out there ... and as her first name is relatively unusual, the mystery was easily solved after that. She had heard the story, so was able to confirm that it was in fact for her.

A* for An Post!

On the other hand, I posted a letter last year ... full and correct address, TYPED on the envelope; correct postage; etc., etc. It took 22 days to arrive at its destination ... 3 miles down the road!!

F-, tbh.

From the sublime to the ridiculous ... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Terry, you're thinking of Komplett :)

Terry, you're thinking of Komplett :)
    Nope.
    Still can't think of the name, but that's not it.

Send a letter to Terry, Avondale Leixlip and I guarantee I'll recieve it.

(I'm kind of cheating though, because my father used to be the postmaster in Leixlip and I know most of the post me).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Is it Hardwareversand.com?

cdwow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Terry wrote:
    cdwow.
    nope that comes from Hong Kong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Flashraziel

3 times I have ordered from Play.com and it has arrived on the 20th day. just before I can report it. I get the feeling that if they're busy they leave some things as long as they can.

I love my postman though. One morning I came down and saw one of those "you weren't in" things but on it it said "Parcel hidden behind flower pot." and it was signed Postie. Great guy. (it was Big Trouble in Little China btw)

Ive been ordering a lot from play.com lately and its all been arriving within 4 working days. Best online service I have used yet. You were probably just really unlucky!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I've ordered from Play to Dublin and once I get the email from them telling me the item has shipped I usually get the goods in a week. My favourite is the box we sent home from India in February, it took four and a half months to arrive. We assumed it was gone but seemingly some guy was walking all the way with it. :D

Advertisement