Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Names!

Options
  • 19-07-2007 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭

So Jordan and Peter Andre are calling their new little girl ... Bunny! What is it about celebs and stupid baby names?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Bunny? Bunny Andre? That child is going to have huge issues! Then again, the little thing could be named Mary or Sarah or Jessica and she'd still have issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

how can this kid not grow up to be a stripper or a hooker with a name like bunny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

I think it's frank zappa who called his kid "pilot inspektor!". How is that even a real name? Apple pales in comparison!
    They're all nuts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Bunny?? Seriously? Jaysus...thought it was Crystal or something like that....the poor child!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

how did she get from the name Crystal to Bunny??

Why would you do that to your child???

The poor kid...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

surely that could be considered child abuse....????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭little miss

Indeed, it does seem like child abuse! Its so unfair on the poor child!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Taters

She'll probably go insane and change her name. I wouldn't be able to survive with a name like that! It's like calling your daughter Apple.

Good news - Jordan is no longer calling her daughter Bunny. Its Princess Tiaamii instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ang

Jordan and Peter Andre have named their baby daughter Princess Tiaamii.

Tiaamii - pronounced tee-ah-me - is taken from the names of Andre's mother Thea and Jordan's mother Amy.

Glamour model Jordan - real name Katie Price - explained to OK! magazine: "Her name is Princess Tiaamii. Princess because she is our princess and Tiaamii was Pete's idea because it's taken from our mums' names.

Advertisement"We've put an accent over the first 'a' to make it a bit more exotic and two 'i's at the end just to make it look a bit different.
    "We love it because it's unique, plus it means something special to us. I'm going to get a tattoo on the back of my neck with a crown and 'Princess' underneath."

Former pop star Andre added: "Katie always loved the name Princess but everyone thought it was a bit over the top. I loved it too but I wanted to name her after both our mums and then I just woke up one morning and thought 'I know! We'll just put them together!'.
    "If people don't like it, that's up to them. We're really happy and proud."

source - RTE News

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

Apparently it comes from Kate and Peters mothers names - Thea and Amy hence the Tiaamii. Still weird though.

purplegeko wrote:
    Apparently it comes from Kate and Peters mothers names - Thea and Amy hence the Tiaamii. Still weird though.

Its the princess bit that's the worse I think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamh1975

In fairness Bunny is normal compared to Princess Tiaamii. Apparently she wanted to call her tinkerbell but too many celebrities have used it for their dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Tiaamii is ok but Princess is just plain ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamh1975

I know that naming your baby is a very personal choice but do these people actually think of their children? how on earth could you take someone called Princess or Romeo seriously?

niamh1975 wrote:
    I know that naming your baby is a very personal choice but do these people actually think of their children? how on earth could you take someone called Princess or Romeo seriously?

Yeah, I thought Jordan had more sense than that! She seems like a genuinely good mum, and must have some brain to be as successful as she has been. Why do that to her poor child?!

Maybe she'll just drop the princess part when she gets a bit older...i know that's what I'd do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i hate my name and think its stupid but you learn to live with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

saranne was my great grandmothers name so i got stuck with it:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Lola123 wrote:
    I think it's frank zappa who called his kid "pilot inspektor!". How is that even a real name? Apple pales in comparison!
    They're all nuts!
    Pilot Inspektor Riesgraf Lee is the son of Jason Lee.
    Best off not to say anything though. He's a scientologist.

Moon Unit, Dweezil, Ahmet Emuukha Rodan and Diva Thin Muffin Pigeen are the children of Frank Zappa.
    David Bowie also has a son named Zowie.

The beckhams take the biscuit with Brooklyn.

'Daddy, why did you name me Brooklyn?'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

Jason Lee, thats the one! I knew it was some loonie anyway who chose that name!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭Geranium

Princess is a great name if you want to be a table dancer, but I can't imagine anyone looking up to a business person with that name. Jordan is seriously limiting her daughter's career options...

like she's ever gonna have to have a real job anyway!!

She'll get lots and lots of money off mommy and daddy instead!!!

Advertisement