Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Told Me Lies

Options
  • 19-07-2007 2:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

ordered a laptop from dell,the sales guy said that id have it for the 24th of june,he even emailed me to confirm this,spoke to someone today who said the laptop has not even reached production,when i told him about the mail he asked me to forward it to him,said that the sales guy shouldnt have promised me that,it really doesnt look like im gonna receive this laptop by the 24th at this stage,what do you think i should do from here ? any suggestions ?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The guy who lied to you.........knock his block off =D nah im only messing........when did they say you'd have it now?or did they give you any send out date?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭rahenyguy

the estimated shipping date is 02 aug,but the sales guy mailed me and promised that i would have it for the 24th,he is from dell sales in india or whereever they are,but then an irish dell guy said yesterday that he had no right promising that,its now the 19th and the laptop is still in pre production
    The guy who lied to you.........knock his block off =D nah im only messing........when did they say you'd have it now?or did they give you any send out date?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

I ordered one of the new Inspirons on the 3rd of July, was down for delivery today but got an update e-mail from Dell saying the laptop is still in production and now the delivery date is back to 13th Aug :(

rahenyguy wrote:
    the estimated shipping date is 02 aug,but the sales guy mailed me and promised that i would have it for the 24th,he is from dell sales in india or whereever they are,but then an irish dell guy said yesterday that he had no right promising that,its now the 19th and the laptop is still in pre production,but i have an email telling me that i will have it for the 24th,im heading out of the country on the 25th so i really need this on the 24th
    th/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Threaten to cancel it then. Its your right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

For new machines there are usually 2 reasons its on hold

Parts Shortage ( call Irish customer service who will email limerick to check ETA of parts)

or Engineering hold , someone trying to get the factory install image working with new drivers

.......the factory image you should wipe and install Vista / XP from scratch anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

formatman you forgot the 3rd reason.. how silly of you :D
    Work hold, the "we do not know if we will have a job next week so feck this guys laptop :D"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Saruman wrote:
    Work hold, the "we do not know if we will have a job next week so feck this guys laptop :D"

haha ya there shedding aload of jobs are'nt they?:eek: I wont be ordering from them again id say,even though i did get my xps fairly quick,ordered it monday had it by thursday :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

actually u ordered at a bad time as there is a back-log of orders about 14 working days long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 d_mc_a

Yea, I'm having the same trouble and I know of two other people that have ordered and will be delayed. I rang them up yesterday and they told me that the supplier of the glass for the screens of the laptop has let them down. I ordered mine on the 6th of July, estimated delivery 30th July.

The most annoying thing for me is that this is the second time I have ordered a laptop and It's the second time it has been delayed. I ordered an alienware a few years ago and it was delayed by 3 months!!!

• Advertisement

d_mc_a wrote:
    Yea, I'm having the same trouble and I know of two other people that have ordered and will be delayed. I rang them up yesterday and they told me that the supplier of the glass for the screens of the laptop has let them down. I ordered mine on the 6th of July, estimated delivery 30th July.

The most annoying thing for me is that this is the second time I have ordered a laptop and It's the second time it has been delayed. I ordered an alienware a few years ago and it was delayed by 3 months!!!

Christ 3months :eek: ! and i was thinking of ordering off them next time :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Does anyone possibly have contact details for someone in Management over Dell Ireland? I know that posting of email address is now allowed but at this point Im tired of dealing with customer care 1 month to order a bog standard no frills laptop :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Cancel the order and buy it off the Outlet, its already built and you'll probably have it within the week. Or buy a different laptop from somewhere that has it in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

Saruman wrote:

Like it ....!

can just see the label on Dell machines in 3 Months , inspired in Limerick , assembled in Hungary!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

delllat wrote:
    actually u ordered at a bad time as there is a back-log of orders about 14 working days long

That's odd,the other half ordered one(Insp 6400) on Tuesday and it was dispatched yesterday(Friday)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

That's odd,the other half ordered one(Insp 6400) on Tuesday and it was dispatched yesterday(Friday)

How much did she customize the laptop before purchasing it though?? Or did she just buy it as specced?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

It was the very base model but she did change to dual core processor(and had to change the wireless card too)
    She also picked XP

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Dell used to have one of the best business models in the computer industry. I bought Dell equities and profited. I recently sold my Dell stock because of reported problems with service and production.

they didnt deliver the laptop wont be here till the 2nd of august,they have upgraded the screen to the truelife wugxa 1900x1200 but now i wont get it till the 16th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

They do this so they can wait for Intel Price Drops ( there is one this week ) and then ship after that date, therefore maximising their margin on your sale !

Also TFT panel pricing has come down so hence the ability to upgrade your screen to placate you.

Welcome to the world of capitalism !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭goose06

having a similar problem with Dell ordered a laptop a month ago and recieved a confirmation to say that they have recieved all my details for the finance agreement, they have sent me back my passport and still no sign of the order being processed. I have rang them a couple of times a week to find out what the delay is but each time I get some moran saying that the online team will contact me but they never do, so today is the day if I get no response from them today I'm cancelling the order and f*ck them, I'm sick of being led along like a monkey, I'm sure there is plenty of other places out there that'll happily take my money

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Im in the same boat as most of you here. Ordered a Inspiron 1521 last Wednesday. They sent me the IE number and everything to track the order. 3 days went by and still said the order could not be found. Gave them a ring yesterday after finding out they should have sent me a second email with an order no. or something. Anyway the one at Dell pretty much said she didn't understand why we didn't get the 2nd email, or why it was never taken out of my visa.

She said that she'll send the order to production and theyll start processing the order immediately and that she'll also send an email to accounts to find out why I havent been charged yet. Finally she said she'd ring at around 2 o clock today to give us the latest update.

Nearly half four and Im still waiting for the phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭goose06

bets on you ring again tomorrow and get the same response, anyone know of a number that we can ring to get through to an Irish sales team, as these guys don't gve a sh*t and its a waste of time talking to them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

lol no need. they rang....twice! the order is being processed and now im able to track it. Pity its been delayed till the 13th though

Advertisement