Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killer sudoku, killing me.

Options
  • 18-07-2007 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping sudoku discussion comes under the mantle of "puzzles" in this forum ;)

I'm trying to get the killer on this page done
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00186/su-doku_186805a.gif

I would consider myself bloody good when it comes to killer sudokus, and regularly get much harder ones than this out on or under time, but the "32 minute" guideline on this one expired a long time ago.

I haven't been able to nail down the combination in a single cluster. There's some promising openings along the top row but I'm flummoxed. There's a solution up but that's bugger all use, I need to know how to get started. I'm cracking up here.

Anyways, if your bored....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 fintan_b

The two left hand rows should add up to 90 leaving the 9 in the top left hand corner as 4-5

The two right hand rows should add up to 90 leaving the 9 in the top right hand corner square as 4-5

With the 4, take the next two columns and get the 9 box in the middle bottom. The same can be done with the bottom two rows to find the 22 box

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

Cheers,

I got that eventually, then made some logical mistake, but I was so pissed off with this one, that I printed out again and restarted, refused to let it beat me. It was annoying because I solved two nominally harder killers as side projects to this bastard. I'm used to looking for columns and rows that have an extra square so you can add up and substract 45 to get the result, but this is the first one I've seen where you have to add up half the bloody grids!

Advertisement