Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Festival Prices Vs. Retail Prices

Options
  • 18-07-2007 5:32pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

Im wondering what peoples opinions on this matter are.

Recently, I purchased an item of clothing from a shop in an Irish festival. They offered some nice stuff, so when I went back home I checked out their website and was about to make the same order - to notice that the price (which were in GBP, as they are based in the UK) was €15 more expensive, excluding postage and packaging.

I emailed the company, got no response. I called them, and left a message on their answering machine. They eventually called me, and the sales rep tried to explain that their festival prices are cheaper as they don't have to look at delivery costs. When I explained to him that their prices were more expensive for the same product, and that was without the delivery costs which get added on - he tried to distract me by mentioning special offers (buy in bulk, get it cheaper). Eventually he gave up, and said he would talk it over with his boss and that feedback is greatly appreciated.

I got an email from someone from their company, but iv no idea what he does. He just simply said that for them, the internet is more expensive and that's that. He apologised for the disappointment, and said they had "offers on" at the festival.

I paid €8 for an item of clothing at the festival, and to pay online would be about €15euro, excluding P&P charges.

I guess its just the way they operate, but I was disappointed. Strange to see the offers reversed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I think this is fairly normal. You got a discount price at the festival, probably more competition from other sellers, or just wanted to get rid of stock. Then online you are charge the normal price.

Many powersellers on ebay charge more in the ebay shop as buy it now, than in the normal auction buy it nows. And if sellers have their own webpage completely, it is usually cheaper on ebay. If you are visiting the site then they are not competing against easily found alternative sellers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

im confused,
    you got a discount at the festival and now your complaining that they arent dicounting all of their stock?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

subway: I assumed that the festival prices were their normal prices. They claim otherwise.

Its just the first time iv experinced such, so was confused. Probably normal tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Sully wrote:
    I assumed that the festival prices were their normal prices
    Do you go into Abrakebabra when you're in town and demand to pay €6 for a portion of chips and €8 for a burger? ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

BaZmO* wrote:
    Do you go into Abrakebabra when you're in town and demand to pay €6 for a portion of chips and €8 for a burger? ;)

Did you read the topic?

My point was that normally places in festivals up their prices considerably but this crowd put their prices down considerably. So when I went to purchase of them again, I was surprised to see the increase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Sully wrote:
    Did you read the topic?

My point was that normally places in festivals up their prices considerably but this crowd put their prices down considerably. So when I went to purchase of them again, I was surprised to see the increase.
    I was being facetious. I thought you would of noticed that. Oh well!

Advertisement