Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place for RWC jerseys & gear?

Options
  • 18-07-2007 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

Goin to the RWC, need to buy some offical kit. Had a quick look around on the web, elvery's @ 80 yoyos a pop. Ouch!

Anyone know off-hand of cheaper places?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

If you're small you could try fitting into the kids gear, it has no VAT :)

I can get away with the age 12 jersey fine. It only costs 56Euro, but then I'm a girl.

Don't know of any where selling it cheaper that 80/75 for the adults gear though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,390 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Ya, what Amz said, i've looked in a few shops (bricks & mortar) and it's all around the €75/€80 mark...

I haven't decided yet, but i think i prefer the world cup jersey more than the normal one, the o2 is a bit dodge...

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭theKramer

I think the cheapest site by far for rugby gear is www.rugbystore.co.uk
    AND, they have an extensive Irish range. WRC gear is gonna be expensive not matter where U buy it, tho.
    I bought one of last season's Irish International Jersey (slimfit version) that would normally cost €100 for about €50, on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Yeah but if you want this years jersey it will be more expensive as the jersey works out at €81 and then P&P on top. Lots of shops here were selling the old version for €45 / €50 .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭burnedfaceman

was that the official match jersey you got kramer? i would take that over this years any day, did you buy it recently?

• Advertisement

"burnedfaceman" - Yeah. It was the test Jersey. bought it last week. Its the Permanent TSB one, not the O2 one tho. Heres the link: http://www.rugbystore.co.uk/collections/clearout/shirtclear/ireland_test_home_rugby_shirt_ss_06

They have only XL or larger. Since its the slimfit design, an XL equates to a medium in traditional cotton jerseys. Its a much tighter fit than the 100% cotton ones.

"Downtime" - I sincerely doubt there was any shop selling the test jersey for €45. It was probably the regular cotton jersey that U saw for that price!!!!!

cheers, will order one in the morning so, normally wear a large in canterbury so xl should be fine (i hope!) wouldnt be bothered in the slightest with the permanent tsb sponsor on it either

cheers, will order one in the morning so, normally wear a large in canterbury so xl should be fine (i hope!) wouldnt be bothered in the slightest with the permanent tsb sponsor on it either

Are U a large in the Canterbury T-shirts? I would be a large in the Canterbury T-shirts.

If U are a large in the Canterbury T-shirts, I would recommend you get an XL. But if U are an XL in the Canterbury T-shirts, I would definitely recommend that U get at least a XXL in the Irish jersey.

Hope that makes sense (",)

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

I bought a rake of stuff off champions.co.nz before, they normally get the stuff here quicker than any of the UK based sites. Shirts and stuff this year seem to be a RRP so I reckon you're as well off just getting the stuff in town. Saying that, Lifestyle are a whole €3 cheaper for the Irish jerseys than Elvery's

Agree in regard to the sizes. Have a large Irish shirt from the Six Nations. Bought a World Cup shirt in the same size without trying it on, it was swimming on me

i ordered jersey in xl, id normally be a large in canterbury gear but given the fit of jersey got xl site didnt have it available in large anyways, thanks for advice and link!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 shakes2007

Mickah, I don't know where to get it cheaper than €77, which it is in Champion, but I would sincerely advise getting one! I got mine on Saturday, I got a medium, I am a large in everything else but these jerseys are made for big fellas. It is deadly though and I cannot wait to wear it in Paris at the Argentina game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I got my one in Arnotts for the standard €77, along with 3 of my mates, and as we were unsure of the size we decided to try them on... At least 8 other blokes were doing the same, these shirts wont last long. I would buy the €77 one now as they will definatley sell out come RWC time, jerseys always sell out when Ireland are in major comps, remember the 2002 Soccer World Cup? When i was in Elverys they were selling the cotton (crap looking) ones for €75?!?!? I thought it was a mistake as they are €55 in Lifestyle.

Im wearing my Ireland jersey now, i love the material its made of, i bought the o2 one as imo the RWC one will be out of date in November, and this one will be worn in the six nations.

Advertisement