Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play Rar Files Without Extracting

Options
  • 17-07-2007 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭

This is a nice player to allow you to play .rar files without extracting the files first. Very handy ;)

http://ds6.ovh.org/drp.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

don't they just extract while playing(or am i missing something)? takes a couple of seconds to start with small files and longer with larger files...
    won't you need to store the file anyway therefroe having to ultimately ectract it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ibjiba

While talking about RAR, is there a way to integrate RAR into Windows? So I can use RAR-files just like I do with ZIP without having to start a separate program every time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

stevejazzx wrote:
    don't they just extract while playing(or am i missing something)? takes a couple of seconds to start with small files and longer with larger files...

Not that I'm aware of. I tested it this evening and it plays very well and fast.
    stevejazzx wrote:
    won't you need to store the file anyway therefroe having to ultimately ectract it?

If you wanted to watch an .avi file without having to extract it and doubling your disk space. This is only handy if you had to keep the .rar files on your computer for a few days, if not of course you can just extract the file(s) and delete the .rar.

Advertisement