Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuendo popping and crackling due to cpu load

Options
  • 17-07-2007 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

ok. I'm not entirely sure which section to put this in, so i'm gonna put it here to begin with.

my specs are:

athlon xp 3000+
    asus k8n-e deluxe
    windows xp pro sp2
    1792mb Ram
    geforce 6200 agp
    presonus firepod soundcard

I was having some problems with Nuendo due to my cpu not running at its maximum capability. Basically certain plugins were making it click and pop during playback, and it seemed that it was to do with my cpu not running at its full capacity. The multiplier was set to it's minimum so obviously there was not enough power to run the plugins.

So I posted a thread here and was advised to switch from Cool and Quiet - I'm running an AMD system - to rmclock. Now the cpu is capable of running at its maximum capacity (10 x 200), though I set rmclock to run in 'performance on demand' and changed the multiplier setting accordingly. It ranges from 4 x 200 (the lowest) to 9 x 200 (highest). Now there are even more pops and clicks than before. Even when there are no plugins running - it's just during any playback in Nuendo.

It seems that this is to do with the cpu as the cpu load is at its maximum whenever Nuendo is playing back. Rmclock is actually making the problem worse.

One thing I have noticed is that I don't have any cool n quiet program, but rather the option is in the bios whether to enable it or disable it. Should I have a cool n quiet program running as well as enabling it in the bios?

Also, I disabled cool n quiet in the bios before I installed rmclock. should I have done this?

any help would be much appreciated.

cheers,
    karl.

Advertisement