Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WARNING! DH leaked

• 17-07-2007 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭

Hi guys
    Just let you all know in case you haven't heard already, the first 495 pages of Deathly Hallows have been leaked by a librarian.

Sites to avoid at all costs if you don't want to have spoilers shoved in your face:
    LiveJournal
    MySpace
    Bebo
    Any HP sites EXCEPT Mugglenet and the official JK/Warner Bros endorsed sites.
    EDIT: More sites to avoid:
    Bittorent
    Digg
    National Post
    InSecure.org

In fact just stay away from the internet!

Sadly there seems to be a huge numbers of assholes lingering around who are getting great kicks out of springing complete plot spoilers on unsuspecting people, so if like me you want to wait and read the book for yourself, it might be a good idea to avoid anything you don't trust 100% over the next few days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

thanks bounty :)

*goes to midnight opening with earplugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

I'll be wearing ****ing noise-cancelling headphones. And carrying a baseball bat, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

earphones!

genius!!

im gettin really weirdly anxious and excited now.

hehe, and i remember for order of the phoenix my dad just picked it up in tescos :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

And carrying a baseball bat, just in case.

Bit much don't you think? Violence is not the way to solve problems, particularly these sorts of problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

It would also be recommended not to read boards. There some right bastards around here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

It would also be recommended not to read boards. There some right bastards around here.

... so tempted to throw in one or two bits right now ;) ... but I won't.

Winters wrote:
    Bit much don't you think? Violence is not the way to solve problems, particularly these sorts of problems.
    No, not if some asshat is going to deliberately ruin what we've been waiting for for 2 years.

No, not if some asshat is going to deliberately ruin what we've been waiting for for 2 years.
    Yea but if you were to smack the hell ouf of them with a baseball bat for saying something like "<insert random character name> dies on page 5,000" you would be done with assault.

Sure they were being a prick, but you would be held accountable for assault.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

come on Winters you no better than to be trolling.

You are correct the poster would be done for assault but you are taking pleasure in this.

Just leave em be

Ditto, quite clearly I was taking the piss. That's pretty pathetic Winters, don't you have anything better to be doing?
    If you're not a fan, what are you doing here? If you are, just go away and don't bother trying to spoil it for all the other fans. What's the point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

#Elites wrote:
    Quote edited

Your an idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Oh. my. God. I think I just read a genuine spoiler :(

- I just saw this topic now -

if this turns out to be true I may never forgive the internet.

Has it really leaked? Links to news article?

:(:(:(

Yes it's really leaked. The librarian in question actually photographed it page for page and uploaded it as a torrent. I ain't linking to any news articles, I don't want to come across anything by accident. However if you must go searching yourself, there is something about it on most American news sites, and the actual torrent file can be viewed on several major torrent search sites (I will not mention any for legal reasons, and you would have to download the file to actually view what is inside, which I don't advocate) if you are in any doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

I'll be working over much of the weekend, and the radio will be on in the place. Would I be safe do you think?
    These spoilers are such a pain in the hole.

I would imagine the radio would be fairly safe, yes :) Due to media laws anybody who let slip anything over the radio/television or in print would be in for an almighty court battle, and I doubt that being sued right out of business is particularly high on many people's list of things to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Ah cool, thanks for that.
    The first weekend in ages where I'm working both Saturday and Sunday is the weekend of the HP release. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

snip

DON'T READ THE ABOVE POST!!

robnubis, post reported. Wtf is your problem?

Yes it's really leaked. The librarian in question actually photographed it page for page and uploaded it as a torrent.

I read earlier that Bloomsbury were looking into finding the source of the leak and planning on taking action, although for the life of me I cant find the link now :(

The librarian though really did a bad job at trying to put the book onto the net. A load of pictures some of them barely readable from the brightness shows that they have never done it before and were clearly just trying to chance their arm at getting it up onto the net.

Winters wrote:
    I read earlier that Bloomsbury were looking into finding the source of the leak and planning on taking action, although for the life of me I cant find the link now :(

Found it, was on the LA Times
    'Harry Potter' publisher gets subpoena to identify pirate
    From Bloomberg News
    July 17, 2007

Scholastic Corp., publisher of the new "Harry Potter" book, obtained a subpoena to learn the identity of a user who allegedly posted copies of the final sequel, scheduled for release Saturday, on a California website.

Scholastic said in a court filing Monday that "materials hosted on Photobucket.com's system" contain materials that infringe copyrights owned by Scholastic and J.K. Rowling, author of the Harry Potter books. Photobucket.com, a News Corp. unit, is a website for sharing photos and videos on social networks such as MySpace.

The subpoena was sent to Gaia Interactive Inc. in San Jose seeking the identity of a user on gaiaonline.com, a social network, according to the filing in San Francisco federal court.

Gaia complied with the subpoena, removed the material and temporarily banned the user from the site, said Gaia spokesman Bill Danon. The postings included scanned material and a discussion of the material, he said.

• Advertisement

snip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

robnubis wrote:
    Hey bounty hunter, stop clicking into spoilers then.

I have no interest in HP; but why would you post spoilers in a thread about avoiding spoilers in the first place, even if you're not sure of how valid they are. There are plenty of places to discuss the spoilers I'm sure, go and find one and leave others enjoy the book on their own.

I have no interest in HP; but why would you post spoilers in a thread about avoiding spoilers in the first place, even if you're not sure of how valid they are. There are plenty of places to discuss the spoilers I'm sure, go and find one and leave others enjoy the book on their own.

Clearly you havent grapsed why i'm here then. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

robnubis wrote:

On the contrary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

robnubis wrote:

Why are you here then?

Your only point seems to be to make as many people read the spoilers as possible and ruin the book for them.

Hey robnubis, I'm not clicking into spoilers. Unfortunately for you I check the source of every link before I open it, and that was quite clearly a .jpg labelled "harrypotter". Hmmm, I wonder what that could be?
    However, not everyone would have caught onto that without opening the link, and since this was a thread designed to warn people about spoilers, you have no business coming in here trying to trick people into reading them. The sooner a mod comes online the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

I have started a thread in feedback about this nonsense from the likes of Robnubis. The sooner we get a Mod in here the better

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

robnubis wrote:
    Im a B*stard

This is some OMGWTF material, its just UNN BEE LEEV ABLE.

post reported.

#Elites wrote:
    was talking to my Sister who works in a main bookshop in town, and she said that the publishers "leaked" fake chapters to put of the internet rumurs.

The online copy is quite convincing if it is indeed fake. It is written exactly as a normal HP book and the plot follows the rest of the books very well. Maybe its taken 2 years to do as JKR had to make two books; one real book and another fake one to be released onto the net :D

• Advertisement

KamiKazi wrote:
    post reported.

Hah, report me for posting spoiler, with obvious warnings or in spoiler tags?

lulz.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement