Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dalkey/Airport Coach

Options
  • 17-07-2007 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭

I saw a coach in Dalkey the other day and I'm sure it said it went from Dalkey to Dublin Airport via the Tunnel (and Dun Laoghaire/Blackrock). I didn't get the name of the company though.

I've tried Google but can't find it, has anyone heard of this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Heart

Probably the new Patton Flyer...

There are more details here;

www.thepattonflyer.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭MLM

Could come in handy as the Aircoach routes go no where near most of these areas, and the 746 takes ages and goes all over the place. With any luck it will be a success and the frequency will increase to the level of the Aircoach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Heart wrote:
    Probably the new Patton Flyer...

There are more details here;

www.thepattonflyer.ie/

That's the one, Thanks.

That should make my life a lot easier :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Hopefully they get another on the go too, killiney shopping centre roundabout would pick up a lot of business.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,758 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

interesting how their scheduled journey time is exactly the same for every run. I know there's a bus lane most of the way but this still seems a tad unrealistic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

loyatemu wrote:
    interesting how their scheduled journey time is exactly the same for every run. I know there's a bus lane most of the way but this still seems a tad unrealistic.

They do cover themselves by stating that the times are optimum and that they may be disrupted by traffic/weather.

They also state that they will use a spare bus if necessary to ensure a bus leaves Dalkey on the hour...but not on the return from the airport.

I can see problems in the evening peak around the East Link approaches particularly.

And based on the 41X saga, they're stuck with that routing no matter what!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Where in Dalkey is the stop ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

SofaKing wrote:
    Where in Dalkey is the stop ?

At the Cuala/Dalkey United ground in Hyde road by the looks of things

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I caught this Coach from Dalkey earlier today.

Not too many people on it (3). It left dead on time which was good. Hit a little traffic at the East Liink but was fine for the most part and the journey took approx 52mins.

I thinking / hoping that after 9pm it's an even quicker trip back from the Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Hoof Hearted

I've travelled on that Dalkey/Airport coach a few times, however, as I'm 6feet 7 inches tall my knees can get quite soar being pushed up tight against a hard backing of the seats. I wish they would install soft padding behind the seat backs. Youz don't want to be on that bus when I feel cramped in.... especially if Ize eats mee spinach the night before.. as I become gassy .... which first comes in a trickle and then gives my back a tickle. Another reason you don't want to share the bus when I am on board, further undermining the case to use public transport. At least I don't cause anyone to suffocate when I'm in my own car as I can always open the window and add to the eclectic aroma of the Dublin air. My apologies to past victims.;)

P.S. Anybody want my old car seat covers. Maybe I should send them to the Minister for Transport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

I've travelled on that Dalkey/Airport coach a few times, however, as I'm 6feet 7 inches tall my knees can get quite soar being pushed up tight against a hard backing of the seats.

Try sitting at the emergency exit seat, I noticed there was more room on that seat.

I've travelled on The Patton Flyer and found it excellent. In the past I used to get the Aircoach from the airport to Jurys Ballsbridge then the 7 to Dun Laoire.

Re peak hours unless you are travelling by helicopter etc you will be held up, when travelling to the airport I give myself loads of time.

Well done The Patton Flyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,957 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

There is a new service operating on the Bray-Dublin Airport-Bray route.

Bray Air Express Timetable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭iwudluvit

I saw a coach in Dalkey the other day and I'm sure it said it went from Dalkey to Dublin Airport via the Tunnel (and Dun Laoghaire/Blackrock). I didn't get the name of the company though.

I've tried Google but can't find it, has anyone heard of this?

Thanks

Fratton / Patton.

Advertisement