Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish and their Bathrooms

Options
  • 17-07-2007 9:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭

short: Whats the big deal with the Irish property developers insisting a small house always needs as much bathrooms as bedrooms ?! (or two bathrooms in a 2 bedroom flat) ?! Why i could have used this space for something much better ! On the continent it would have two toilets and one bathroom shared over three bedrooms, this would be pretty much the average.

anyone who can solve me this mystery deserves 10 karma points.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Well I have a bathroom (with bath) and then a seperate en-suite toilet (with small shower) in a 3 bed townhouse- which seems to be a little more usual than what you are suggesting. I wasn't aware of the preponderence of bathrooms that you are suggesting. My parents house in Portugal does have the preponderence of bathrooms you mention- but it was built by a Portuguese guy for the Portuguese market. A good French friend has a 2 bed apartment in Paris, with 2 bathrooms- so and he moans about the lack of bathrooms over here......

Swings and round-abouts. Most people do not have the preponderence of bathrooms that you suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

I can understand it with flats, as they'd often be shared (ie not by people in a relationship but friends, or even just housemates who do not know eachother). In such cases, I'd prefer to have my own bathroom too.

Advertisement