Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to find out which management company looks after a certain area?

Options
  • 16-07-2007 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Is there any database that this info can be found on?
    I own an apartment in Tyrrelstown but I now rent it out and live in the US.
    The last management fee I paid covered until April 2007 and when I contacted the management company to pay for this year they informed me they no longer manage these apts due to some people not paying their fee.
    I've heard there is a new company in the process of taking over as the management company but when I contact them directly they claim they know nothing about it.

Anyone know where I can find this info out or if anyone happens to live in Tyrrelstown(TT3 area) and knows anything that would be great.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I'm not aware of any database/website/registry where such information would be stored.

Your best bet would be to contact a neighbour or someone you know in the development.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,333 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You could ask the PRTB, although I think managment company / agent are optional fields in their questionaire and they may not have details. No harm trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

The name of the managment company (not agent) will be in your lease.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭whippet

TT3 no three I believe has been taken over by Fisher Property Managment, a letter would have been sent to your address from Fisher outlining this months ago. Smiths were sacked / resigned (depending on who you believe) from most areas of TT and Fisher are in the process of taking over, there is a bit of a delay with Smiths handing over some of the accounts and records (There was a public meeting for TT3 recently which gave more details about this)

If you contact Fisher they should be able to clarify everything for you.

I am in TT #2 which is still being operated by Smiths so the changeover to Fisher didn't affect me.

I know that Smiths did withdraw services from some areas due to the huge amount of people who were defaulting on the annual charge and they did send a letter out advising people that they were witholding service until there was sufficient funds to continue.

if you look over on http://www.tyrrelstown.org/forum you will see the whole issue being debated and discussed to death, but the only clarification you will get is if you contact fisher directly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 SouthO

THanks Whippet,

Yeah I was told that Fisher were taking over and I've asked a few times over the past few days on the Tyrrelstown forum what the outcome of the meetings where but nobody has replied..

I also contacted Fisher yesterday and they said they knew nothing about taking over TT3

o'well...hopefully some light will be shed on it soon..

• Advertisement
Advertisement