Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Dating

Options
  • 16-07-2007 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Has anybody tried internet dating before? If so, would you recommend it?
    I just think it might be a break from the norm but i dont want to do it if its just full of freaks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Yes, I've tried it and Yes I would recommend it. No, it's not full of freaks.

It is a big break from the clubs/pub scene. And Internet Dating is becoming a norm these days!!!! Go for it and the very best of luck to you. :D

If you are looking for particular sites, PM me. There are loads around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 JABH

Do you know what sites are best?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭hanni1234

No offence but doubt the caliber of women you'll find looking for men online will be the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

hanni1234 - have you actually used internet dating??? That's the sort of comment that would suggest you haven't!!!!!

OP - go for it, it's a bit of craic and a great way to meet people. It's perfectly normal nowadays and you'll meet lots of people (normal people) just like yourself who are having the same problems meeting people. I've found that you're less likely to meet messers on subscription sites. Also sites that have two levels of membership - the people who are paying the subscriptions are more serious and less likely to be messers.

A couple of sites that I've found good are
    www.anotherfriend.com
    www.sundayworlddating.com
    www.maybefriends.com

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

hanni1234 wrote:
    No offence but doubt the caliber of women you'll find looking for men online will be the best!

An insightful, well thought out, constructive addition to the discussion - no doubt backed up with plenty of knowledge on the subject.

I however did have some internet dates. Didn't find my life partner but had some good evenings out and found it a thoroughly positive if nerve-wracking experience.

Go for it, I say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Plenty of threads on this before. See what other boardsies had to say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Shazam69

Well it depends what your looking for. There is plenty of sites too choose from;Below list is of ones which are more for "no strings attached" s#x etc.. if thats what you want?

1 www.gumtree.com
    2 www.adultfriendfinder.com
    3 www.alternativeireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

hanni1234 wrote:

Unless you've experienced online dating, I would keep opinions like that to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can also try video dating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Hekelelani

I don't think internet dating is full of freaks - I met my fiance on myspace. I wasn't looking for people online, but just ran across him. He is the most amazing man I have ever met, kind, funny, brilliant, not to mention super hot! :) Just like anywhere else, there's all different kinds of people online - 'normal' ones included :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,266 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Personal Issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Ooh.....Dunno if i'd do it myself....each to their own though.
    This is gonna sound dodgy but i was on...KIND OF a dating site before but not to get a date (I'm not in denial hold on....) see when they blocked Bebo in work here a Customer told me at the time to try this particular website saying it "was Like A bebo-type thing..." so i said it to a girl in work and we went on....when we realised what it was we weren't really into it but we decided to register and chat to ppl to doss in work. we had down on our Profiles that we only wanted "Message Buddy's" you get chattin to some cool ppl but a few of them sent photos and (I'm goin straight to hell) they were...well....not really Big on looks and fair enough get talkin to them or whatever but some of them are a bit weird....Forward like, Pervy....all that. but each ti their own there has to be some positive Stories!!

I used to be on another Forum though and a few of us arranged to meet up for a laugh and there was loadsa little Hook-ups between ppl....but that wasn't intended dating... which i felt was different but i suppose you're meeting in basically the same way....

Sorry bout all that waffle there.....

And one more thing. Dont flip at me for saying that about the photo's.....but seriously....i didnt see one hot man of the ones that had photos up....but that was just that particular site maybe... and lets face it no matter how much ppl say it....there has to be even a BIT of physical attraction no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

just had a look at that sundayworlddating site and some of the wimmins are fine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

not recommended!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

biko wrote:
    You can also try video dating

Nothing compared to Bobby Butronic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Niamho! wrote:
    Sorry bout all that waffle there.....

And one more thing. Dont flip at me for saying that about the photo's.....but seriously....i didnt see one hot man of the ones that had photos up....but that was just that particular site maybe... and lets face it no matter how much ppl say it....there has to be even a BIT of physical attraction no?

ye the only dating site with goodl looking guys is the one im on tbh and its only me flying the flag :p tis a hard life:cool:

PeakOutput wrote:
    ye the only dating site with goodl looking guys is the one im on tbh and its only me flying the flag :p tis a hard life:cool:

I'll take your word for it, lol ...but are there many good looking Women??

Niamho! wrote:
    I'll take your word for it, lol ...but are there many good looking Women??

i dont actually know the closest i came to internet dating was meeting my x on myspace and that was unintentional aswell so dont know if it counts.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Shazam69 wrote:

Have you actually used this site?
    Hello, I'm foreign (czech) girl, slim and sexy. Lookin for somebody that would take me out tonite. The problem is that I live in small village, so it's very hard far for me to go anywhere. That's why I go out only if u can pick me up and then take me home.
    so if you're interested in some fun tonight and maybe something more after, just text me or gimme a ring; 087xxxxxxx
    I promise we'll make up something that we'll both enjoy ;-)

am looking for some hot fun tonight with a generous Business man. I am a 20y/o Kinky slut from Athens.I am hot and hot for it.This is my last night in Dublin . Call me on 087xxxxxxx Mirisa

Single female 24, naturally busty with long blonde hair.

I am growing tired of bars and clubs and was hoping to meet

a professional man who is looking for a relationship. Let's meet up, and see if we want to hook up beyond that.

Kelly

3 posts I found and if I didnt know better the only services this site seems to be offering a professional ones

Numbers were on the adds. Is that ok to leave on?

• Advertisement

hahaha defo prozzies

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

kearnsr wrote:
    Numbers were on the adds. Is that ok to leave on?

No. Remove personal details that could identify the person from these kinds of things please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

JABH wrote:
    Has anybody tried internet dating before? If so, would you recommend it?
    I just think it might be a break from the norm but i dont want to do it if its just full of freaks...

freaks??...........that term is banded about alot these days, what does it mean exactly??

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

philstar wrote:
    freaks??...........that term is banded about alot these days, what does it mean exactly??
    For future reference, the person you quoted was banned.
    This person was also the same person who started the thread, under a different name.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

My cousin went on date with someone he met on an internet forum.

They met up for a drink in town and he ended up licking her out in that alleyway between Lower Abbey St and Eden Quay!

My cousin went on date with someone he met on an internet forum.

They met up for a drink in town and he ended up licking her out in that alleyway between Lower Abbey St and Eden Quay!

its my goal in life to be that classy

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

type of girl you take home to meet the parents.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

hanni1234 wrote:
    Yes, they're much better after a few pints in a pub or club.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

nesf wrote:
    No. Remove personal details that could identify the person from these kinds of things please.

Havent been around till now. Terry took them off. The only reason I left them on is that they are in add originally.

• Advertisement

kearnsr wrote:
    Havent been around till now. Terry took them off. The only reason I left them on is that they are in add originally.

dnt lie u were tryna pimp ur hos

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement