Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm on the radio today at 2:30pm, what do I say?

Options
  • 16-07-2007 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭

I'm going onto Spin FM 103.8 today at about 2:30pm.

They're doing something on poker.....I'm going to just talk about Vegas, the WSOP, the players that are over there and Sylvester's result, some other general poker stuff and of course I'll be talking about the IPO :D lots

I'm not sure what the usual content on the station is, any ideas of what else I can talk about? (funny comments welcome).....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

if they start asking about addiction just say that you only run big festival games once every few months and that the buyin is a hundred and fifty euro.

tell them you're not an expert on cash games as you don't run them.

actually it would be very good for your image to repeatedly highlight that you don't run cash games (unless you are planning to). Compare your game in the RDS to the card tourney in the movie Maverick.

i doubt they will as its spinfm (unless they've completely changed their image)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

They'll probably say stupid things like "was anyone ever shot at a game" and "how much are you in debt to somebody".

Its a bit of a 12 year olds station so expect questions from 12 year olds! Ha. Looking forward to hearing it though Ste, good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 oooops

Steve i know you ae a fellow musician (or ex) so perhaps you could open the show with this

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=3bJoTI3TUaA

then discuss how poker has helped you learn to control your emotions so that
    for the 1st time ever you can now watch Little House on the Praire and not shed one tear. Watch Pat Kenny and not break furniture.

It would be good if you could get bbJoe on to discuss how his soul is being destroyed by turns and rivers....

then finish up with. I know I was that soldier...

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=zuwq0L1HDsQ

rgds
    Willie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

End the answer to every question with either:

"Po'Kah be praised"
    or
    "LOL Donkaments".

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭insafehands

This is funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

if its those "Jack and Allie" pair... they are so annoying, and everything always returns to one topic...

JACK: "so mr guest, what is your vie won provisional license holders on the roads of ireland"
    GUEST: "well i think it is a major concern and... "
    JACK: "and do you think the problem is in any way sexual?"
    GUEST: "eh... wtf?!?!"

i dislike that show... but i'll listen!! if only to complain abotu jack's sexual obsession after...

anyone give me odds for Jack to mention something sexual about poker?!

oh... and good luck ste!

EDIT: ugh... just turned on spin online and their talking about prenuptual agreements and cheating wives and husbands... f**king typical!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

oooops wrote:
    Steve i know you ae a fellow musician (or ex) so perhaps you could open the show with this

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=3bJoTI3TUaA

then discuss how poker has helped you learn to control your emotions so that
    for the 1st time ever you can now watch Little House on the Praire and not shed one tear. Watch Pat Kenny and not break furniture.

It would be good if you could get bbJoe on to discuss how his soul is being destroyed by turns and rivers....

then finish up with. I know I was that soldier...

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=zuwq0L1HDsQ

rgds
    Willie

lmao......ha ha ha.......You are actually completely nuts.

hes on now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Tryed to listen live Online ..Not wrkin anyone get it wrkin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

well done ste!

• Advertisement

Well done Ste, came across well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Any chance this will be online at some point?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Cheers lads,

It was much quicker than I had expected and don't know if it will be worth listening to online again.....Was good to get my first go at talking about the IPO, hopefully I get a few more attempts at it over the next couple of months with different stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

yeah it was fine, dj's love the sound of their own voices and think their jokes are hilarious so forget about giving them full sentances and just get in their flow with soundbite answers. i thought it went fine.

Advertisement