Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight - Sporting Emporium

Options
  • 16-07-2007 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone is going to the Sporting Emporium tonight for the 100 freezeout.

Do you know how many on an average week turn up ?
    and do they start on time ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,196 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

30 - 55 runners depending on - well numerous factors I suppose.

The emporium starts all tournaments on time as per recent experience. So 9pm sharp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭samelterrance

Thank You

• Registered Users Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    30 - 55 runners depending on - well numerous factors I suppose.

The emporium starts all tournaments on time as per recent experience. So 9pm sharp.
    says 8:30 on their website... its a FO yea??? o and is there any early bonus chips?

Ace2007 wrote:
    says 8:30 on their website... its a FO yea??? o and is there any early bonus chips?

Reg 8.30 for a 9pm start. No early bird chips or other such nonesense AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Reg 8.30 for a 9pm start. No early bird chips or other such nonesense AFAIK.

nonsense is right. They set a time and stick to it, the way it should be, it's not rocket science.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

more than likely playing this! think it's the only tournament i dublin I have yet to play

just as a matter of interested. Do they let you enter the tournament anytime up to the end of the 3rd level... probably will give it a go- as long as its not raining tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

Ace2007 wrote:
    just as a matter of interested. Do they let you enter the tournament anytime up to the end of the 3rd level... probably will give it a go- as long as its not raining tonight...

You have got to be joking, there building the Arc as Im feck*in well typing this. The Thunder storms are a comin, I can feel it in me bones (and I heard the forecast)

ok, then hopefully its not raining between 7:30 and 8, if not then i shall be there...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

Ace2007 wrote:
    ok, then hopefully its not raining between 7:30 and 8, if not then i shall be there...

I could be mistaken, but the last time I was there, I'm sure they had a roof.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭johnnysmurfman

What the hell, I might as well head in and get my poker on, more fish money for the lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 oooops

provided that its not raining inside the Aquarium im deffo heading into this as ive tomorrow anyway off to buy a new baby....(nope not that kind)

how do numbers compare to the fitz toury.?

In.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

no no no no no no no ... maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Im down nearly 1k today, so am going to play this to limit any further losses

Im down nearly 1k today, so am going to play this to limit any further losses
    :( Feck off shark.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

cant tonight :mad:
    Originally Posted by Ace2007

hilarious...

Olly is a sick luckbox. That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Olly is a sick luckbox. That is all.

:p So f**king true!

Luckbox ftw after displaying the power of the lucksackedness to Bad Beat Joe headsup!

It was a case of the cursed one meets the blessed one. No contest! ;p

P.S. I'm off on some badly needed holidays today but I think you should post your exit hand Lloyd as it was semi interesting. I'm undecided if it was a great call by you or if its very marginal and a long run -ev hand. Obviously Miles in the middle makes it tricky and throws things quite a bit.....

Based on results you played it very well except for not calling for my 7 to hit!! In the SE you have to shout for your card!!

a-k-47 wrote:

hilarious...

y??

if it was raining i would have to give someone a lift home around 9:30/10 and therefore i wouldn't be able to go in...

• Advertisement

ollyk1 wrote:
    :p So f**king true!

Luckbox ftw after displaying the power of the lucksackedness to Bad Beat Joe headsup!

It was a case of the cursed one meets the blessed one. No contest! ;p

P.S. I'm off on some badly needed holidays today but I think you should post your exit hand Lloyd as it was semi interesting. I'm undecided if it was a great call by you or if its very marginal and a long run -ev hand. Obviously Miles in the middle makes it tricky and throws things quite a bit.....

Based on results you played it very well except for not calling for my 7 to hit!! In the SE you have to shout for your card!!

There was 17 BBs already in the pot (after Mile's lead - and I assumed that meant he had a pair / 7 / 2 / flushdraw). I had 22 BBs in my stack. With that price I think I can profitably get it in. Oh well.

Nice result - enjoy your holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

damn, annoyed i missed this. went for a nap at 6pm and woke up at 7 (am)

nice result olly, wp

Advertisement