Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting landlord's home address?

Options
  • 15-07-2007 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

just wondering does anyone have any ideas on how i could get the address for next door's landlord ?

they are causing quite alot of noise in the estate, cars coming and going all night, shouting, loud stereo..etc nice east european accents !!

just want to send him a note to say whats going on. he hardly comes to the house, and have no other contacts details for him apart from his name, and a few of the other neighbours are annoyed with them as well

cheers
    scuby

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I believe the local council/land registry will have a list of owners you could consult. Chances are the landlord won't give a sh*t though :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭scuby

i have met him a few times and he seems sound enough..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 TheGrinch50

I have the same problems with my next door neighbours. The gardai have called to them on three occasions and asked them to keep the noise down but all to no avail. Our solicitor gave us the names of the people who own the house and I managed to find their phone number. When my husband phoned the landlord, he told us to mind our own business and he hung up on him. We are now trying to sell our house but whenever a prospective buyer comes to view, once they see and hear the crowd next door, they immediately lose interest. You should check to see if the house if registered with the PRTB and if not you can report it as not being registered. You can also inform the Department of Revenue if the house is not registered. If I can be of further assistance, you can send me a pm.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,349 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ask nicely in the PRTB, details here: www.prtb.ie

Or write to the neighbours address, with the landlord's name. If you don't have his name, just put down "Landlord".

I take it that you have spoken to the neighbours?

it is registered on the prtb website alright, but there are no contact details there.
    i did manage to get a mobile number for him, but would rather send an un-signed letter telling him whats going on.

not sure if i should call him or not, as the tenants have quite alot of people calling to them and am a little worried about what they would do if there was any trouble, and they found out it was any of the neighbours....

i would rather send a letter to him, and get him to call to his house as there is something there, that would have to get the guards invloved. if he got a note telling him to call around for a visit and find what they're growing, he would get rid of them.

• Advertisement

Victor wrote:

I take it that you have spoken to the neighbours?

i did at xmas, knocked on the door, after they had started playing music full blast from 8.30/9 am on sat and sun mornings ! i ****ed them out of it, and they were quite from then on, but 1/2 of the nice fella have left in the last few weeks and they have gotten worse since
    the usual polish reply.. "no understand english" when it suits of course !

scuby wrote:
    it is registered on the prtb website alright, but there are no contact details there.
    The PRTB will have the details. One of the contradictions of the PRTB's published register is that they will tell you who lives in a rented property, but not who owns it.
    if he got a note telling him to call around for a visit and find what they're growing, he would get rid of them.
    If they are growing anything illegal, just mention it to the cops. Problem gone! Quick!

Victor wrote:

If they are growing anything illegal, just mention it to the cops. Problem gone! Quick!

was going to, but was going to give him first option of getting rid of them without cops getting invloved.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,784 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

how do you get the prtb to tell you who lives in a property?

how do you get the prtb to tell you who lives in a property?
    Apologies. I phrased that kinda funny.

If I knwo where you live, I can make a good guess as to whether it is rented or not, based on the PRTB public register - its searching by address, not by person.

Obviously, lodgers and unregistered tenancies throw a spanner in the works.

• Advertisement
Advertisement