Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding Clouds

Options
  • 14-07-2007 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭

Anyone able to point me in the direction of a tutorial or something or tell me the best way to add clouds to a plain grey/blue sky?
    Ta much :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Guy Gowan did this at our recent days training but I can't really remember how it was done. Going to download some clouds and give it a go and will get back if I suceed.

Another member from the day might remember?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I'd go about it by adding a new layer and start painting with a soft brush.
    But first change your foreground colour to white and your background colour to some gray value, open the main brush pallet (on the right of PS) and add some volour jitter and shape jitter. This will have your brush randomly select colours between your for and background colours and shape jitter will make your selected brush randomly reorient itself.

EDIT: Here is a quick job using layers of different brushed, blurs, brush jitters and layer opacities and masks:
    cloudscopygt0.th.jpg

The las one is extreme :) but works kinda well.
    I painted some white and gray stuff, blurred it using Gaussian and motion blur and then free transformed in the perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Thanksvery much, those look good.
    I'll give it a shot later on.

Advertisement