Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Watson

Options
  • 13-07-2007 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭

Ever since I installed Kaspersky anti-virus, some programs seem to crash alot and a 'dr watson postmortem debugger' crashes too. I've now got loads of 'dwwin.exe' and 'drwtsn32.exe' in my processes. I've googled them and they seem to be part of Windows' 'immune system' or something. What should I do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Conor108 wrote:
    Ever since I installed Kaspersky anti-virus, some programs seem to crash alot and a 'dr watson postmortem debugger' crashes too. I've now got loads of 'dwwin.exe' and 'drwtsn32.exe' in my processes. I've googled them and they seem to be part of Windows' 'immune system' or something. What should I do?

Give your computer aids!
    That will like that damn immune system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

make sure you dont have any conflicts running, eg :

your running two anti-viruses(Norton is a pain to remove and leads traces, same for McAfee if you used them before kaspersky)

dont have more than one real-time anti-spyware protection guard running

dont have two firewalls running.

Kaspersky shouldn't be giving you those error messages, I use it myself and it never has. Tell me if you have any conflicts running and we try something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Thanks for the reply, Don't think its a conflict though. I had McAfee but used the McAfee removal tool. Windows security center only shows kapersky running as my anti-virus and firewall so no conflicts there anyway. There aren't always loads of 'drwin.exe', just when programs crash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

Try this it might shed some light on the subject

Download and install this
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/hijackthis_sfx.php

click "Do a system scan and save a logfile" and post that here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Give your computer aids!
    That will like that damn immune system.
    Banned for 3 days for unhelpful posting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement