Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beckhams arrive in the states.

Options
  • 13-07-2007 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭

Well, is there any chance we might hear less about them now? Or will there be even more fuss! I'm so fed up of reading about these two. And their posing is just ridiculous!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Aldini98

She is near the top of my "Most Hated List". Entrepreneur of the Year ? Ask me arse ! Shes been dropped by numerous record companies due to her lack of talent. Her husband has been caught playing away on more than one occasion but she'll never leave him because shes NOTHING without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

I really hope this is the last we'll ever hear of them, though I can see Sky watching their every move and letting us know all the boring details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭little miss

thrill wrote:
    I really hope this is the last we'll ever hear of them, though I can see Sky watching their every move and letting us know all the boring details.

That's what I'm scared of too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭2funki4wheelz

The cover of a 'W' magazine they did together is in the Indo today. They've got a look Tyra Banks would call 'fierce'.:D

Article says the US media is already against her. So if things do work out for her over there she might come home (and no doubt drag David along). I think the fact she's so needy for the fame might come across and she'll be slated over there.

I can't ever get over the fact she went to an awards ceremony in basically knickers and bustier and still looked striking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Well, is there any chance we might hear less about them now? Or will there be even more fuss! I'm so fed up of reading about these two. And their posing is just ridiculous!

So you just had to make a post about it.
    See the irony?

• Advertisement

tuxy wrote:
    See the irony?

Yes, I see the irony. Hilarious isn't it. Having a rant about celebs on the celebrity and showbiz forum. How wrong of me. Its just impossible to avoid the news about their move today. Or avoid the weird pictures of them posing sexily together. Was hoping this might be the beginning of the end of brand Beckham...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

I think thats a little too sensitive a response! It is slightly ironic that the publicity annoys you so much you talk about it on the internet, thus further feeding the Beckham Media machine. It is impossible to fully avoid beckham mania but possible not to know everything going on! Tbh the first I read about this was your post!

The beckhams are constantly in the media because they want to be. With the exception of the rebecca loos info, news involving the beckhams is usually as interesting as watching paint dry.... VB has lost weight, VB be has put on weight, Beckhams want a girl, Romeo has a new t-shirt , blah blah . This info is so boring it must be fed to the media by the beckham camp! For this reason I skip all Beckham news, and if more people did then they wouldnt be in the media, simply because they are just not interesting anymore!

Y Its just impossible to avoid the news about their move today. Or avoid the weird pictures of them posing sexily together.

It's very easy. Just don't read or watch tabloid muck.

But I like looking at other news and other celeb gossip! Just having a bit of a moan today because the beckhams are totally hijacking it.

Oh ok, each to their own I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Amy- Cayx

omg becks is ho-ot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I work in a shop and today doing the papers she was on the front of 3 newspapers!about nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and there was more in others about them.one was so airbrushed i though she was some other woman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭gidget

Just once i would love to see Victoria in a situation whereby, she is at an event and gets herself into a position to pose for the camera's only for the cameramen to shout at her to move out of the way and that they were more interested in the person behind her. ohh i'd love it - couldn't you just picture her face.:D

gidget wrote:
    Just once i would love to see Victoria in a situation whereby, she is at an event and gets herself into a position to pose for the camera's only for the cameramen to shout at her to move out of the way and that they were more interested in the person behind her. ohh i'd love it - couldn't you just picture her face.:D

That would be so funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Posh was caught by the LA police a few weeks ago I believe. She was on Jay Leno last week but I didn't stick around to watch her. If this reality TV rubbish they were meant to do goes ahead then I'll be ripping the cable out of the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Ruu wrote:
    If this reality TV rubbish they were meant to do goes ahead then I'll be ripping the cable out of the wall.
    Might want to start practising your ripping skills Ruu - the show is going to be on NBC tomorrow night at 8 :)

I saw a clip of it on Perez and to be fair, she doesn't seem to be the complete idiot that her public image suggests. I still can't stand how pointless she is, but I was surprised that she was able to string a few sentences together, was pretty funny and was able to take a joke. However I was expecting her to just giggle, pout and talk about clothes so there were pretty low expectations to begin with!

Edit: And what's this about her being caught by the LAPD?

I don't hate either of them, and actually think Victoria is often misrepresented at times. Seems to have a sense of humour, and I do respect her for calling Eddie Murphy a lot of bad names for what he did to Mel B. The only thing that bugs me is how much coverage everything they do seem to get. And they obviously court the publicity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

tuxy wrote:
    See the irony?

LOL...
    I love the fact that Little Miss bitches about most celebrities but starts the majority of threads in this forum about their publicity seeking ways....
    As for the Beckhams... I say fair play to them.

togster wrote:
    LOL...
    I love the fact that Little Miss bitches about most celebrities but starts the majority of threads in this forum about their publicity seeking ways....
    As for the Beckhams... I say fair play to them.

Celebrity and showbiz gossip is bitchy by nature! And I don't bitch about ALL of them - just trying to get discussions and conversations going on this forum as it sometimes gets a bit dead here. I don't get why so many people come on this forum and complain about people starting threads. Celebrity and showbiz news and gossip is just a bit of fun, something to distract people without having to think too much or too deeply about things. Its light hearted and silly, and doesn't take itself too seriously. I'd love if people came on here and just enjoy its stupidity!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ang

I was on the NBC website, there was an advert for Posh's NBC special, 'coming to america'. I had to laugh, they described her as 'an international superstar'!!! Americans are so OTT. She is hardly a superstar.

She has no talent, can't sing/dance, got lucky by getting a place in the spice girls, remained in the public eye after they broke up by being married to sports star, David Beckham. I like David, but not Victoria. She seems so desperate to become a star in America. But all she does is pout and shop!!! How can you become an A-lister when you have on talent?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

That programme last nite was dreadful. I hadn't much of an opinion of her before and now i LOATHE her. Waste of space. The thing is, it was so faked. I actually don't believe she's really like that but it was like she was 'playing' the part of Posh, like the Posh we think she is from the media. Hamming it up. Either that or she really actually is a stupid, boring, desperately unfunny, attention-seeking skeletal bitch.....any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

missmatty wrote:
    she really actually is a stupid, boring, desperately unfunny, attention-seeking skeletal bitch.....any opinions?

Agreed !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭homeOwner

missmatty wrote:
    she really actually is a stupid, boring, desperately unfunny, attention-seeking skeletal bitch.....any opinions?

I tuned in thinking that there has to be another side to her and I was interested to see what it was.

My opinions:

She is completely self absorbed to the point of being a complete bore and a pain in the ass. Her only "friends" on the program were two people she pays to do her makeup and hair. I can only hope that no one would chose to follow her around laughing at her inane comments as a hanger on and organise their life around her universe unless they were being paid. Was there one moment when she asked anyone for their opinion on anything or listened to anything someone else said (except PH but then he is a celeb too) ...she interrupted people and shouted her sound bites at every oppertunity. She would be exhausting to deal with on a daily basis.
    She also came across as very mean and catty. Her treatment of her new PA was terrible. "Everyone has a fat friend" I believe was one of her comments. She tore her apart for her weight and clothes sense. And did it knowing she was being filmed. What a bitch.

Honestly I dont get her at all. Her husband is a god! He must see something in her and i was hoping to get a glimpse of what that was. To me she looks and dresses like a transvestite with her teenage-boy hips, overly glamerous at all times dress sense, breasts stuck on like footballs, make up overdone (did u see her in the DMV getting her license - WTF!), hair bleached and styled to within a inch of its life. I can see nothing femenine, sexy or likable about her.

The only enviable aspect about her life is her family and she should keep her claws into David with the grip of the dead because without him she is nothing.

...ok rant over....

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ang

homeOwner wrote:
    I tuned in thinking that there has to be another side to her and I was interested to see what it was.

My opinions:

She is completely self absorbed to the point of being a complete bore and a pain in the ass. Her only "friends" on the program were two people she pays to do her makeup and hair. I can only hope that no one would chose to follow her around laughing at her inane comments as a hanger on and organise their life around her universe unless they were being paid. Was there one moment when she asked anyone for their opinion on anything or listened to anything someone else said (except PH but then he is a celeb too) ...she interrupted people and shouted her sound bites at every oppertunity. She would be exhausting to deal with on a daily basis.
    She also came across as very mean and catty. Her treatment of her new PA was terrible. "Everyone has a fat friend" I believe was one of her comments. She tore her apart for her weight and clothes sense. And did it knowing she was being filmed. What a bitch.

Honestly I dont get her at all. Her husband is a god! He must see something in her and i was hoping to get a glimpse of what that was. To me she looks and dresses like a transvestite with her teenage-boy hips, overly glamerous at all times dress sense, breasts stuck on like footballs, make up overdone (did u see her in the DMV getting her license - WTF!), hair bleached and styled to within a inch of its life. I can see nothing femenine, sexy or likable about her.

The only enviable aspect about her life is her family and she should keep her claws into David with the grip of the dead because without him she is nothing.

...ok rant over....

I agree with everything you said!!! She came across so badly on that show. I really don't understand what David see's in her. When The Spice Girls first started out, Posh was way more natural looking and more down to earth. She is so FAKE now!!! Everything about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,566 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

As expected:
    Victoria Beckham's bid to woo Americans has apparently backfired with damning reviews of a reality TV show that she hoped would overturn her image there as a sour-faced diva.
    The New York Post called the show, which was screened in the US on Monday and on ITV last night, "an orgy of self-indulgence" and described Beckham as "vapid and condescending"
    "Beckham, who is bizarrely constantly posing even in her own home, offers insights about how major a certain purse is or how her new phone has changed her life," Linda Stasi wrote in The New York Post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 IrishJackie

ang wrote:
    I was on the NBC website, there was an advert for Posh's NBC special, 'coming to america'. I had to laugh, they described her as 'an international superstar'!!! Americans are so OTT. She is hardly a superstar.
    :( What the heck is "OTT"??? Americans--and I speak as an expert on the subject---have completely rejected Beckham and his dullard wife. We hate soccer! We always will. The only people in the USA who like soccer are A)Mexicans B)Serbians,etc and C) suburban moms. None of these groups is likely to demand "Beckham and Posh" news and products! Why blame the Americans? The worship of these two boobs is strictly consigned to YOUR side of the Big pond! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Glamgurl36

we love to hate celebrities..we are the ones who create their fame..we buy magazines

Advertisement