Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beggarsbush to Blanchardstown Corporate Park?

Options
  • 13-07-2007 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭

Will be commuting to Blanchardstown Corporate Park from Beggarsbush.
    Can anybody advise the best way to get there and how long it will take. Basically have to be there for 9am.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,284 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Train to Ashtown, walk to Navan Road + Bus?

http://www.blanchardstowncorporatepark.ie/Bus_Service.html
    Transport
    Public Transport
    Access to public transport at Blanchardstown Corporate Park is excellent, with three specific routes serving the park and seven other routes linking with the Corporate Park and Blanchardstown Town Centre. Bus information can be found here.

Private Transport
    Blanchardstown Corporate Park operates a private express bus service to the city centre, suburban areas, Town Centre and a railway feeder bus service in the morning, lunchtime and evening as an alternative transport option for staff. The bus service operator is AMC and timetables for the bus routes serving Blanchardstown Corporate Park can be found on www.amconline.ie.

Access by Car
    Blanchardstown Corporate Park is located adjacent to the N3 and benefits from easy access to the M50 orbital motorway and is only a 15 minute drive time to and from Dublin International Airport and 25 minutes drive to and from Dublin City Centre.

Occupiers within the park can avail of the generous level of parking facilities.

http://www.blanchardstowncorporatepark.ie/Bus_Service/Public_Bus_Timetables.html
    Public Bus Timetables
    Dublin Bus Routes 38B/C and 40/C/D are the current bus routes to and from the park. Bus timetables for these routes can be found at the Dublin Bus web site.
    There appears to be errors in this, Dublin Bus say "Blanchardstown Corporate Park" is serviced by the following routes : 38b | 38c | 40b | 40d | but if you click on htose timetables, some of the routes stop in Finglas.

Or train to Coolmine + Bus?

http://www.amconline.ie/RouteDetails.asp?a=timetable&t=&id=7

Or from city centre.

http://www.amconline.ie/RouteDetails.asp?a=timetable&t=&id=6

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

at the moment i was thinking train to castleknock and then see if there was a bus from there...or walk.

It's an awkward bastid to get to without your own transport.

EDIT: oh i like the look of the coolmine-amc coach option.

I wonder is it really busy though. :(

well, amc have actually cancelled the one bus that was useful to me.

looks like i'll have to forget about the train as there are no bus connections time-tabled that i can use

• Registered Users Posts: 28,723 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Car pool?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

RuggieBear wrote:
    well, amc have actually cancelled the one bus that was useful to me.

looks like i'll have to forget about the train as there are no bus connections time-tabled that i can use

Route 40D goes past it from Parnell Street, with buses every 10 minutes between 0630 and 0800 - I would imagine that the latter should just get there for 0900?

It also operates back into city centre every 10 minutes from 1630 to 1800.

Times are at:
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=40d

Ignore any bus with an "F" after the time, but even still it is a very frequent route. I would imagine that journey times are about 50-60 minutes in rush hour traffic.

Routes 4, 7 or 8 will drop you to O'Connell Street with a short walk to connect with it, and can be picked up in the evenings at the first stop on Upper O'Connell Street.

KC61 wrote:
    Ignore any bus with an "F" after the time, but even still it is a very frequent route. I would imagine that journey times are about 50-60 minutes in rush hour traffic.
    I think I got it once and it was worse than that at lunchtime. I think!

KC61 wrote:
    Route 40D goes past it from Parnell Street, with buses every 10 minutes between 0700 and 0800 - I would imagine that the latter should just get there for 0900?

It also operates back into city centre every 10 minutes from 1700 to 1800 in the opposite direction.

Times are at:
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=40d

The number 7 will drop you to O'Connell Street.

Yeah i got a 40D to parnell street and then a 7 home..wasn't too bad tbh. try that in the morning

well it is managable in the morning too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

RuggieBear wrote:
    well it is managable in the morning too.

It can be surprising amongst all the doom and gloom that is often posted on this board that sometimes public transport connections in Dublin can work - provided there is the high enough frequency required to deliver the connection in the event of delays on either route!

Remember as well that the Travel 90 ticket pack will cover this journey (provided you board the second bus within 90 minutes of boarding the first), with a pack of 10 tickets costing EUR 17 as opposed to EUR 21 for a weekly ticket or EUR 17.30 for a 5 day rambler. It really depends on whether you need to use the bus at other times as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭dub_commuter

40D defo the way to go, I used to work in Blanch Corp Park and the 40D goes right into the park, very reliable service operated by Harristown, some of the best and most informative and helpful drivers you could wish to deal with, always willing to help out and go the extra mile.

It's a far cry from when the service was AWFUL before harristown opened.

I've been impressed so far (all two journies!!)

Advertisement