Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy to let

Options
  • 13-07-2007 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭

Quick question.

Does any one know if you get a bigger mortgage if you are buying to let? Meaning buying with the intention of letting out the house?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,350 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Generally no. Buy to let mortgages tend to be shorter and with a lower loan to value percentage.

However, given some other comment you made elsewhere, if what you mean is "will I get a bigger mortgage if I take in a lodger", then generally the answer is yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Victor wrote:
    However, given some other comment you made elsewhere.

I make a lot of comments so not sure to which one you are referring :D

But No its not for me, if i ever did manage to get a mortgage it would be for somewhere to live for myself and i wouldnt take a lodger with my children. i was just chatting to a friend who wants to travel but also wants something to come home to. And i have just been letting for 15 months from a guy who was away travelling the whole term of the lease. Nice set up really however he worked it out.

Thanks though!

Advertisement