Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls who play Warhammer?

Options
  • 13-07-2007 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hey all, just wondering, am I alone, or are there any other girls out there who play Warhammer?

I usually game in Galway, but it struck me a while ago when I wandered into GamesWorkshop Liffey street that I was getting quite strange looks from all the lads who were in there, especially when I tried to spark up a conversation with one of them about the lizardmen he was painting. (Don't get me wrong, I know the lads in the shops are all sound guys, I suppose it was just the fisrt time I noticed getting a strange reaction from anyone in any nerdy shop :rolleyes: )

So whaddaya think? Anyone out there ever met a female warhammer player?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Yes, I am one.
    Greenskins, sisters of battle and echer gangers.

I still get 'new' staff in the shops asking do I need help and trying to explain the game to me, despite the fact I have been playing for over 10 years or the assumption that I an in buying something for someone as a present.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

There's not many, but there are a handfull. You tend to see them at the larger tournaments.

If you're looking for regular games in Dublin, send me a PM and I'll give you directions to a club.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭irishthump

Mawg wrote:
    Hey all, just wondering, am I alone, or are there any other girls out there who play Warhammer?

I usually game in Galway, but it struck me a while ago when I wandered into GamesWorkshop Liffey street that I was getting quite strange looks from all the lads who were in there, especially when I tried to spark up a conversation with one of them about the lizardmen he was painting.

A lot of them have never SEEN a female before.
    (Female lizardmen don't count!)

It gets very lonely in their parents basement.........

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭phonchoman

theres a few indeed, most into the hobby for the painting and modelling ,but i know a few good players, used to play against a dark eldar player before , she was a good gamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

well, have to say I was plaing back in the Model Shop days long before GW touched our shores.....only 1/2 female players back then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

phonchoman wrote:
    theres a few indeed, most into the hobby for the painting and modelling

There have consistently been female category winners throughout the Golden Daemon painting competitions worldwide for a few years now, with some coming 1st in their respective categories. I'm reminded of one 14 year old who entered a bust of an orc warlord and came first in her first G.D. entry! Jebus was her entry good. I'm a decent enough painter and all (if I say so myself ...), but she could have painted the ass off me blindfolded!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

In 20 years of figure games (mostly GW) I have not met a single female player. Knew a few good painters, but mostly did their boyfriends armyies and stuff. Well done girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭nothing

I am, though I'm very new to the game, and I did get into it by wanting to paint as opposed to play. Beasts of Chaos btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭jack shictt

sadly i dont know any, but i would like to. has always been a dream for me. lol keep up the good work.

Advertisement