Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHD Writeup

Options
  • 12-07-2007 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm currently writing up my PHD. It's tough going. Anybody who's been through it got any tips/words of wisdom to speed the whole thing up or improve the thesis?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Get the crowd who aren't writing up to buy you lots of coffee :D

Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

I just submitted mine today :D I found it difficult at time to get down to the writing, but when I was in the mood I got lots done. I suppose it was the same as when I was doing the work for my thesis, periods of loads of work and periods of not so much.

Also I found the first draft the most difficult to do, just getting the stuff down on paper. After this there was still loads to do but it was easier to see what to add, leave out, expand etc.

A lot of people in my office also find that setting goals and targets help. Some of us have targets for different reasons, some because funding is running low, me because I am starting a job on Monday. That is a great motivator :D

Good luck anyway

Congrats cruiserweight!

Advertisement