Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus route 17a to Malahide Road junction

Options
  • 12-07-2007 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi

need to know how long it would take for the 17A from Finglas to reach the junction of the Malahide Road and Tonlegee Road on its way to Kilbarrack most Mondays, need to get there to connect with the 27 coming from town.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Can take anywhere from 30-60mins depending on traffic. I have been on it many times unfortunately. It can depend on the port tunnel and school holidays etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,724 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Yea the 17A is notoriously unreliable. :( I used to do the opposite journey (27 - 17A - 220) and many's the time I was left stranded in Finglas because of a missed connection (or the 220 left early/didn't run in the first place)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

I wouldn't rely on the 17a for anything to be honest, it's a horrible service. I used to have to get it to and from work and it's a bit of a lottery, the old cliche of waiting an hour for a bus and then three coming at once could have been created especially for the 17a.

Advertisement