Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So Betrayed

Options
  • 12-07-2007 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for some opinions.

I was recently dumped by my long-ish term boyfriend, and it turns out that for the last few months of our relationship he was having an affair with some girl he met in work. I can get over the fact that he doesn't want to go out with me anymore, but I can't get over the fact that he betrayed me like this! Why couldn't he have just come to me to end it? I asked him over and over was everything ok, and he always said it was, then I overhear him laughing on the phone talking about how he had sex with this tramp in work. I hear now that they are boyfriend and girlfriend and it makes me sick - all the crap I had to put up with his whinging and moaning and all the time he was texting this bitch. I really am glad I'm not with him anymore but I can't let go of the anger. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I think you have to realise that holding on to your anger isn't hurting anyone but you OP. I'm sure you've heard it all already - a guy like that isn't worth being with etc etc, it'll just take a bit of time for that to really sink in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

yeah, it'll take time. don't let it upset you too much. sure, he was a jerk, but he's outta your life now. gone. no need to cling on to the angry thoughts; it'll just bring you down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭G&T

You poor thing,
    if it help's at all the "other woman" post on this page is about the girl who
    has ended up with the guy.
    Most people think their relationship wont last.
    Have a read of it and just know you can hold your head up high and move on with a clear concience.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,853 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

laughed_at wrote:
    I'm looking for some opinions.

I was recently dumped by my long-ish term boyfriend, and it turns out that for the last few months of our relationship he was having an affair with some girl he met in work. I can get over the fact that he doesn't want to go out with me anymore, but I can't get over the fact that he betrayed me like this! Why couldn't he have just come to me to end it? I asked him over and over was everything ok, and he always said it was, then I overhear him laughing on the phone talking about how he had sex with this tramp in work. I hear now that they are boyfriend and girlfriend and it makes me sick - all the crap I had to put up with his whinging and moaning and all the time he was texting this bitch. I really am glad I'm not with him anymore but I can't let go of the anger. Any ideas?

Naturally enough you're angry and pissed off. Who wouldn't be?

Look on the bright side, you didn't find out he was like this after you were married or had a kid. It'll take time, but eventually you'll move on from him...

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

The anger will subside in time.
    Rely on your friends.
    Get drunk and cry some more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭tritium

It probably won't help much right now but, as another poster already pointed out, you had a lucky escape from this piece of trash before you maybe had even more to loose.

As for him, karma tends to come back to haunt you. In my experience people who play games like this eventually get played themselves, and they're usually sad little amateurs who aren't ready to feel the kind of emotional pain they inflict on others.

Enjoy your life!
    Know that you're better than him!

Advertisement