Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus Route 15 ???

Options
  • 12-07-2007 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi all - Would love some help with this !

I need to get to St Colmcilles school in Knocklyon/Ballyboden tonight - it's on the scholarstown road I think ?!. (see attachment)

The number 15 bus seems to indicate it goes to Scholarstown road but because the Dublin bus website gives no real map I'm not sure how far this will be from the school - Can someone help me ?

Will that bus drop me near to the school ?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Colmcilles is behind Superquinn in Knocklyon the 15 bus which is not that frequent drops you at the front of Superquinn.
    Alternatively you could get the 49 bus which leaves you about a 10/15 minute walk away at the top of ballycullen road.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Here's your map with the school marked in red, and a little blue dot to represent what I think is nearest bus stop (haven't taken a 15 up that way in a looong time).

Note that the google maps aren't massively accurate. The word "Ballyboden" is completely in the wrong place. That's Knocklyon. There also isn't an entrance across the road from Darglewood, even though google makes it look like there is. There's a shopping centre almost exactly where the word "Ballyboden" is, so the only way to the school (from that bus stop) is to walk down Idrone Avenue.

As a rough guide to help you know where the bus stop is, the bus will turn left onto Knocklyon road. You'll pass an Knocklyon service station on your left, then climb a small hill (not very steep), take a sharpish right bend, you'll pass Woodstock park on your right, climb another tiny hill, pass Knockaire on your right, and then your bus stop is pretty much immediately after that. If you miss that bus stop, the bus will turn left at the lights in front of Superquinn, so just get off at the next stop and walk back to the Superquinn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 god9

seamus wrote:
    Here's your map with the school marked in red, and a little .......

Cheers for that .. did you mean to include an attachment ?

D'oh...

Luckycharm wrote:
    Colmcilles is behind Superquinn in Knocklyon the 15 bus which is not that frequent drops you at the front of Superquinn.
    Alternatively you could get the 49 bus which leaves you about a 10/15 minute walk away at the top of ballycullen road.

Cheers for that - I'll get which ever comes first I suppose.

• Advertisement

seamus wrote:
    Here's your map with the school marked in red, and a little blue dot to represent what I think is nearest bus stop (haven't taken a 15 up that way in a looong time).

Note that the google maps aren't massively accurate. The word "Ballyboden" is completely in the wrong place. That's Knocklyon. There also isn't an entrance across the road from Darglewood, even though google makes it look like there is. There's a shopping centre almost exactly where the word "Ballyboden" is, so the only way to the school (from that bus stop) is to walk down Idrone Avenue.

As a rough guide to help you know where the bus stop is, the bus will turn left onto Knocklyon road. You'll pass an Knocklyon service station on your left, then climb a small hill (not very steep), take a sharpish right bend, you'll pass Woodstock park on your right, climb another tiny hill, pass Knockaire on your right, and then your bus stop is pretty much immediately after that. If you miss that bus stop, the bus will turn left at the lights in front of Superquinn, so just get off at the next stop and walk back to the Superquinn.

I thought the school is on the scholarstown road though ?? I've been there before and that seems correct ?

There's a secondary school on the Scholarstown road, and a primary school on Idrone Avenue, behind superquinn.

It would appear that both are called "St. Colmcilles". That was clever.

If you're going to the secondary school, let the bus take the left turn at Superquinn. It'll then turn left at the next roundabout, and you'll see the school on the right. The terminus is about 200m down the road from the school. I don't know if there's a stop between the roundabout and the terminus.

seamus wrote:
    There's a secondary school on the Scholarstown road, and a primary school on Idrone Avenue, behind superquinn.

It would appear that both are called "St. Colmcilles". That was clever.

If you're going to the secondary school, let the bus take the left turn at Superquinn. It'll then turn left at the next roundabout, and you'll see the school on the right. The terminus is about 200m down the road from the school. I don't know if there's a stop between the roundabout and the terminus.

Ok - i'm majorly confused now. didn't realise there was two schools with the same name !

I assume you're still talking about the 15 route. So i'll just stay on till the end of the route and that'll bring me to 200m away from the secondary school ? Cheers for all your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

I am pretty sure it is the junior school you were talking about which Seamus gave you directions to- did you find you way?

I did - cheers.

Got the 15 - it stopped right outside the school. sweet as a nut.

• Advertisement
Advertisement