Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Night

Options
  • 12-07-2007 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever hear of the show sports night from the late nineties, had a couple of seasons. It was an Aaron Sorkin show before he left for west wing and it was cancelled.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0165961/

Anyone watch it, thoughts on it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I believe ABC1 show it in this part of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Mossy Monk wrote:
    I believe ABC1 show it in this part of the world.
    They used to sometime last year. They stopped running it, presumably to be able to show more episodes of 8 Simple Rules and Hope and Faith...

Pity, it was a great show. Never got an R2 DVD release either.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

sounds like it might be worth a look, thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

I have recently completed watching Series 2 and, if you liked the West Wing, you should like Sports Night.

Between the 2 series they made about 45 episodes and, even though it was cancelled, it was about the right time for it to end.

A number of people in it went on to appear in West Wing.

Joshua Malina as Will Bailey
    Teri Polo as Helen Sanchez
    Janel Molony had a small role
    Felicity Huffman had a small role in West Wing (& Studio 60)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

They used to sometime last year. They stopped running it, presumably to be able to show more episodes of 8 Simple Rules and Hope and Faith...

Pity, it was a great show. Never got an R2 DVD release either.
    What is it with ABC1 and those those flippin' shows!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I started watching this a few weeks ago, up to episode 6 so far. I like it: it's a bit clunky, and the tone is all over the place, from serious to frivolous, but I don't mind - it just makes the laugh track sound redundant. Jeremy (Joshua Malina) started off so intense and clueless it was a bit uncomfortable, but he's settling down a bit, it seems. Aaron Sorkin clearly took what he learned here with him to The West Wing.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Advertisement