Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7:45 Clonsilla to Docklands - did it run? (Thu Jul 12)

Options
  • 12-07-2007 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭

I got to Coolmine station as the 7:47 to Clonsilla was arriving.
    The next train on the city-bound platform was the 7:55 to Pearse.
    The 7:48 to Docklands (starts at Clonsilla at 7:45) didn't show.

Did I miss it? It was 7:44 when I was jogging through the Riverwood Hall estate (parallel to the line so I would have heard a train) and my watch matches the clock at Docklands (+/- 20 secs).

On the 7:55, anyone know why the train was slow to leave Ashtown. Both drivers got out to attend to a situation a few carriages from the front. One driver made an unintelligible announcement explaining.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I was on the 7:55 from Louisa Bridge and our train was delayed due to the fact that the train ahead was delayed but no explanation why.

A lot of people didnt get on at Clonsilla. Probably waiting for the next docklands train

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭MarkoP11

Sounds like it was cancelled but of course Irish Rail won't tell you either way. Publishing it on their website would of course leave evidence which is a no no.

Remember there is no shortage of trains according to a certain Irish Rail spokesperson, when in fact there is a serious problem

That said showing up with a minute to go is less than advisable given Irish Rail's problem with having consistent clocks network wide, both clocks in Docklands where out by over 20 seconds upon opening and didn't switch to summer time.

Just to prove it
    clocks.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

MarkoP11 wrote:
    That said showing up with a minute to go is less than advisable given Irish Rail's problem with having consistent clocks network wide
    I couldn't tell from the numbers of passengers on the platform whether the train had already gone (because the Docklands service doesn't suit everyone).

I would normally arrive about 2 mins early. Having said that, it was passing through an estate beside the train line 4 mins before the scheduled arrival time so I would have expected to at least hear it pass.

I'm lucky that the Pearse service suited me too (I got off at Drumcondra).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Wouldn't suprise me if it didnt run.

On tuesday morning the 0815 train from Clonsilla had half the carriages it usually has/should have, as a result the majority of commuters couldn't get on and had to wait for the next train about 15mins later...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

MarkoP11 wrote:
    That said showing up with a minute to go is less than advisable given Irish Rail's problem with having consistent clocks network wide, both clocks in Docklands where out by over 20 seconds upon opening and didn't switch to summer time.

clocks.jpg

These are connected to a server surely? If only there was some sort of Network Time Protocol that could keep the clocks on the correct time. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

This is Irish Rail, Einstein would be proud of the gravity distortion that eminates from Connolly station its so strong space time is warped in various places, Sydney Parade had a similar problem as did Heuston

Pearse is currently spot on to my NTP time all the same

The sporadic short train situation will continue until at least September, Irish Rail won't tell you or even warn you they simply deny it

I rang Coolmine station and was told that there was a train running 8-10mins late. The guy speculated (couldn't confirm because he would have been busy giving out tickets) that the Pearse train may simply have gone ahead.

Seems totally sensible but they should have made a pa at the station to clarify what train was actually coming

Its not long ago that a train from Maynooth was caught displaying Nenagh on the front, what do you do then?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 371 ✭✭Traffic

Are the services into Docklands busy in the am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭markf909

Traffic wrote:
    Are the services into Docklands busy in the am

I've got the 745 ish service from Coolmine a few times and the 4 car set has been standing room from Castleknock on.

• Advertisement

MarkoP11 wrote:
    Seems totally sensible but they should have made a pa at the station to clarify what train was actually coming
    As you put it, This is Irish Rail :rolleyes:

Thankfully the sign on the front of the Pearse train was correct.

Advertisement