Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat process

Options
  • 11-07-2007 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

Basically I have to repeat my failed 1st year Philosophy summer test, and as such have to repeat it at the end of August.

My question is, is there some knd of form I have to get to repeat, or somebody I have to call before late August, or am I automatically down for the repeat exam?And if I am already down for the eaxm, will I get deatils in the post as to date and what you have to bring?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ShamOCeallaigh

Yes, they will automatically send out a timetable for the repeat exams. Your results will, of course, be capped at 40% in the repeat exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Yes, they will automatically send out a timetable for the repeat exams. Your results will, of course, be capped at 40% in the repeat exams.

This is going to sound like a truly retarded question, but what exactly do you mean by the above in bold?

Thanks in advance.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

You can only get a pass grade for your repeat exams. So even if you got say 100%, you'd only get credited with 40%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ShamOCeallaigh

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

and rightly so, a mature student in my class was planning on only studying for 3 of our 6 exams in may and doing the other 3 in august, just because she wasnt planning on doing anything for the summer like the rest of us. i hope she didnt find out in time that you can only get 40%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Considering I'm not planning to carry on Philosophy into next year, it won't actually matter that the result will be capped at 40%, yes?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Won't matter a bit really, and anyway they're only first year results.

Advertisement