Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EZ Smart guide rails

Options
  • 11-07-2007 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm about to buy a few EZ Smart rails from
    http://www.eurekazone.com/index.html

Does anybody here have them?

Apparently they are excellent and represent an entirely new way of cutting sheet goods. (Well, not entirely new obviously but still they are an innovation, it seems everybody have guided circular saws now, Festool, Mafell and Makita have a new one out).

They are a complete system and it's modular, so it can be extended with the addition of new pieces. Dino the owner / inventor is very forthcoming with information and provides legendary customer service.

The only problem is that they are quite expensive but they remove the need for a very expensive panel saw so that's ok. Panel saws can be quite dangerous and weren't designed for sheet goods although €10,000 ones can be used in relative safety.

There is a dedicated forum about this system at
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26

Any info would be much appreciated.
    Cheers
    Joe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭boysie39

Joe, there was a hugh debate on the Fine woodworking forum a few months agoabout Festool and Ezsmart. It got so heated that I think they were banned from discussing the pro's and con's and had to move to some other site.
    From what I could gather there are a lot of people who believe that Ezsmart is as good if not better than Festool for far less money.
    This bloke Dino from EZ will back it against Festool in any tests they would wish to carry out. Festool have even started there own Club, but I think the problem is that having spent so much money on the Festool system they are reluctent to accept there is as good a system for a lot less money.
    Pure snobbery. I'm sure if you go to Fine Woodworking Archives you could get the whole debate where you will get a working insite into EZ.
    Hope this is of help Rgds. Boysie

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

Hi Boysie..

Thanks for the info. I have gone ahead and bought some stuff... 114" of rails, a square and a few extra bits etc. The prices on the above site are reduced by 20% for EU customers, you won't see this, it is in the form of a refund.

I'm expecting them next week, I will review them when they arrive.

I am looking forward to getting them, they should help me a lot with certain types of cuts, i.e long crosscuts.. and also when I am working on site and need to cut odd angles.

They appear to be very well made, quite substantial and made from aircraft grade aluminium.

Cheers
    Joe

Advertisement