Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Very Interesting Titanic Site

Options
  • 11-07-2007 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

I came across this Titanic site and spent all of last night reading it. It is a very informative site. It gives a lot of detail, for example of letters from survivors to their families at home, giving their account of that night.

The search facility is excellent if you are looking for specific information.

http://www.encyclopedia-titanica.org/

Hope you enjoy it.

Regards,

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Good link Dummy, only had a quick browse through for now, looks interesting though.

They even have a section on 'Mr Jack Dawson' :eek: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Hi CroppyBoy - good to hear from you again.

Yeah, I'm still reading from the site. There is a huge amount of info there. Even if you click on the names in the passenger lists, it gives information about that individual. I have just read accounts from passengers that were aboard Carpathia.

I saw the thing about Jack Dawson and also the sequel to Titanic (the movie). Very amusing.

Take care.

D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I believe you live around the Beal Na Blath area? Right, or am I thinking of someone else? :)

Loving that site, I have to admit I'm a bit of a Titanic buff......or at least I was. Started long before the movie came out though, got a special collector edition Revell scale model of the Titanic and book by Archibald Gracie when I was 8 or 9, thats where it began, made a mess of the model of course. So decided to take another shot at building a model from scratch about 5 year back..........still havent finished it :rolleyes:, lost interest.

I'll tell ye, that site is renewing the ol' interest ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Scuba_Scoper

Thanks for posting that link D.

I followed it and spent a fair few hours just reading and reading.....for me, it is one of the best internet sites I have seen in a long time. (in terms of well laid out content and community).

It is exactly how this web thing was meant to be.

Again, many thanks - my interest in Titanic, a forgotten passion of mine, has been re-awakened :)

Advertisement