Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pictures of traction driver cabs

Options
  • 10-07-2007 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Hi all!
    I'm in a bit of a rush, so I don't have time to check and see if a similar thread has already been started, so apologies if it has. I'm in need of pictures of the driver cabs of the tractions that Iarnrod Eireann operates, specifically the class 201's (I don't know much about trains but I think that's right-the orange ones,and some are painted and used for the Enterprise.), and the 071's, however I would like pictures of any of the cabs. Does anybody have any,or do they know where I might find them online?Thanks in advance.
    Also mods,if a more suitable forum exists for this thread please move it, but this was as appropriate as I could find.
    Thanks in advance
    Lemansky:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

Its a bit difficult to find pictures of cabs on the www. After all the cab isn't a public area. Why not drop down to your local station and get a few pictures?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

True.No I was just thinking that maybe people would have sites about the tractions set up or maybe some boardsies would have pics, as they might be interested or be drivers.I might do that though.My station doesn't get that good a mix stopping there anymore though:(

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

Ok,

If your local station doesn't have a good service why not go to the nearest station that does?

I was thinking that but the nearest station to me that has a varied service,and where they stop for more than a few seconds is Connolly and I'm not sure if they'd let you get those pictures there?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,285 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If you mean the inside of the locomotive cab, I suspect they will be reluctant to help, however you will find lots of images of 071 and 201 locos on IRN and other websites.

IrishRailwayNews (IRN) http://groups.msn.com/IrishRailwayNews/
    Railway Preservation Society of Ireland http://www.rpsi-online.org/

• Advertisement

It helps to be related to drivers. Both my grandads were train drivers. I got to ride up the front a couple of times. It was pretty cool when we had a school tour to Fota zoo and the rest of my class looked on with envy as I got go in the cab with my grandad.:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

My friend runs a site called http://real-irish-trains.fotopic.net/ so there might be some stuff there. Not sure if he has any 'indoor' ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

enterprise wrote:
    If your local station doesn't have a good service why not go to the nearest station that does?

There are no IE stations with good service. ;)

paulm17781 wrote:
    There are no IE stations with good service. ;)
    :D

Thanks to all who replied! Those sites have some very nice photos on them I have to say!
    I have to say nialler I also once got a lucky break by getting to ride up front on an arrow once,but Ihad nobody there to look on in envy!Of course that was years ago, before I had a phone and before anybody in the country had a camera phone, and I had no reason to take a camera that day:(
    So as I say, thanks one and all for the links.

Advertisement