Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is your favourite Harry Potter character? (Possible Spoilers)

Options
  • 08-07-2007 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Pretty simple really, who's your fave character and why?:)
    C'mon the 21st!:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Snape. he is probably the funniest character in the book, all his little jabs at Harry and Hermionie, classic

• Registered Users Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Either of the Weasely twins....some stuff they've said are classic, plus they also have the same attitude(for lack of knowing better word right now) as me: laid-back, serious when wanna be that kinda thing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Sirius Black - the adoptive father we'd all want, closely followed by Remus Lupin who's just an all round nice guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

I'm seconding Sirius Black..!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Extreme-LoopZ

:p forgot to say my fave, yeh Sirius just screams cool, and my second would actually be Voldemort. Just the way he is written, he's a brilliant character, dead fascinating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Has to be Snape for me. The whole is he good or is he bad mystery clinches it. It's almost the only reason I wanna read book 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ShowUsYourXbox

Hermionie, because im a pervert.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Fleur. ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Hermionie, because im a pervert.

At least your honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

actually I am going to change my vote to Dumbledore. the dact that he is so easy going in the face of trouble, and that he has a great sense of humour. eg. when he announces the Tri-Wizard tournament is going to be held in Hogwarts and Fred shouts "YOU'RE JOKING!" he replies "no, I'm not, but on the topic I heard a fantastic one over the summer about a hag, a warlock and an elf who all walked into a bar..." only to be stopped by McGonnigal

or the fact he tells Dobby he can call him a "barmy old codger". what a leg end.

however Snape is my close second followed by Black

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

snape,because he's sexy

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I could never choose! Dumbledore, Lupin or the twins, I'd say.

I'm also staying away from this forum until after I've read the last book, so as to avoid any spoilers! Just in case anyone is wondering where I am... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Ah, well, Hermione. Surprising that.

However, I do love most of the characters; I find them very well-written and very 'real'.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sidneykidney

Sirus black. He just ozzes cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Faith wrote:
    I could never choose! Dumbledore, Lupin or the twins, I'd say.

I'm also staying away from this forum until after I've read the last book, so as to avoid any spoilers! Just in case anyone is wondering where I am... ;)

That might have to change soon enough..... ;)

I'll take it from you on the 21st, I should have finished the book by then! Vex might need a reminder.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

snape,because he's sexy

Definitely. I absolutely love Snape. Rrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Faith wrote:
    I'll take it from you on the 21st, I should have finished the book by then! Vex might need a reminder.
    Mmm, I've PMed Cloud, but I think I may give Vex a dingaling aswell. Coolio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Eyespy wrote:
    Definitely. I absolutely love Snape. Rrrr

theres a surprising amount of people who agree!but its not just that i think hes funny and just the character with the most depth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

Could it be that maybe you think Alan Rickman is sexy? Because he definitely is! I'm not sure about Snape the character though. He is up there as one of my favourites. He's funny, clever and the more glimpses you get of his past the more sorry you feel for him. I definitely still think he's good, even after the sixth book. (I don't care if I'm spoiling the ending for someone; if you haven't read it, you're not a fan!)

I don't know if he's my absolute favourite. I love the twins - they make me laugh out loud constantly and I really like Hermione, Harry, Dumbledore etc

This is really hard but I suppose it will have to be Ron. Apart from all his obvious good qualities he has to put up with a lot. Imagine being known as either the twins' brother, Charlie and Bill's brother or Harry Potter's best friend? He never gets the recognition he deserves and he takes it well. And he's hilarious.

• Advertisement

I must admit, I love Professor McGonagall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

snape - coz hes the most interesting character.the whole thing about him being a double agent is fascinating...plus hes funny!! "Crabbe,loosen your hold a little.If Longbottom suffocates it will mean a lot of tedious paperwork and I am afraid I shall have to mention it in your reference if you ever apply for a job" :D

the other two i really like are luna and bellatrix lestrange (coz shes evil AND hot...or maybe i just love helena bonham carter???)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

quickbeam wrote:
    Sirius Black - the adoptive father we'd all want, closely followed by Remus Lupin who's just an all round nice guy.

my feelings exactly!

haha,i love how nobody has picked harry :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

Ron! He's real funny...although not so much in the last few books.
    Dumbledore, the twins, snape, dobby, kreacher....oh i can't choose!!!

the twins' best book was definitely with umbridge. they should have had more time dedicated to them i reckon, they were pure legend in that book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Ginny Weasley, not in the chamber of secrets or the other earlier books but in the HBP and DH. I think she's very strong and doesn't taek any crap. Like when Harry is talking to her in her bedroom in DH and she's not teary. Harry likes that about her and thinks it's because of all her brothers. I'd love to be elss emotional so I admire that in her!

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

I think all the characters have their moments throughout the series, even the minor ones (
    Ms. Weasley taking on bellatrix
    and Prof. McGonnegell talking about Neville's grandmother in HBP come to mind). But my favourite has to be snape. All those one liners make him close to the Dr.Cox of Hogwarts! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

HELLO! What about Gildroy Lockheart? He was the best thing about the second book. Such comedy. And Kenneth Brannagh has been my favorite actor to enter into the Harry Potter series

What a voice Rickman has. Thats what makes him hot
    And young Voldemort is hhhot

*Goes off to watch the second movie...*

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Luna, I like her ditziness

• Advertisement

yeah, she's awesome, but speaking of...
    what're the odds that we got the info about the hallows from her da, whose info is, as far as we know, simply way off

Advertisement