Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

skatepark Galway

• 05-07-2007 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I am getting together a business plan to build a INDOOR skatepark in Galway.
    The proposed plan is for it to be around 10,000 square foot, and to be the most advanced skatepark in Ireland i.e. wooden ramps, 8ft mini's, bowl's, rails, stairs, foam pit and big transfers.
    What i need is posted reply's and messages of advice and so on, I know insurance will be a big issue and the money is going to be huge for the set up but I do plan to do this properly, I want competions on a monthly or bi monthly basis, pro demo's, and a very good shop selling skateboard and BMX equipment and clothing and vid's to the customers.

If there is anyone who is thinking of setting up a shop in Galway and wants to jump in let me know, if anyone wants to design a layout let me know.

And most of all can anyone and everyone who would like to sign up to be sent information on this project and show their suport, send me a message and i will save you on my buddy list.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭lifesgood

you dont have to pay insurance if you make it a club and whoever uses it has to sign forms to become a member ramp n rail did that and didnt have to pay insurance you cant sue a skatepark your a member of

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Good luck with the project, I tried learning to skateboard at the old age of 30 and it just didn't happen, I'll stick to mountainboarding:)

Here's the layout of Epic in Birmingham I think it's one of the biggest parks in the UK epicskateparkbirmingham.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 obct

hey is there any progress with this? we deffinitely need an indoor park. how central were you planning on having the park? i could get onto the rest of the skaters i'd we'd be glad to give you as much help as possible with the design...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Defo would be interested in hearing more on this. If you ever want anyone to come and take pics for you, then let me know as I would be willing to help out with another new bus startup - we all need what help we can get!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 disrupterbmx

This Is A Great Idea You Have My Full Support In Tis If There Is Anything I Can Do To Help I Come From The Uk Were Bmx Skateboarding And Blades Are Big I Am A Bmxer Myself So If You Need Ideas Or Whatever I Will Be Glad To Help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 disrupterbmx

you have my full support in the construction of this skatepark and the shop ireland needs a good well designed and built skatepark with a good shop and good facilities if i can do anything please email me at dizzy__rascal@hotmail.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭cookiequeen

Hey Hoffman,
    Did you make any progress on the park idea. I am from Chicago and have moved over to Galway too. I am looking to open a skate store so let me lknow what your score is my email address is brendanandailbhe(at)yahoo.com. How have you gotten on with supliers?

Get in touch man I'd love to see how you're getting on
    BG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 macawalla

i work for a audio video install company in galway. so if ya need anything along the lines of audio equipment give me a shout on micheal-long@hotmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SeanG92

Im just after moving to Galway for college and took back up skating. We could really do with a decent park here and if this goes ahead I would be delighted to help in any way possible. My email is da-guy-wit-da-face@hotmail.com. Let me know of any progress or if you need any help

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭roguey

hey has there been any progress in this?:/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SeanG92

Doubt it. It was only after i posted that i realised the last comment was in 07... Aw...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Bergholcs

we can all try and organise something anyway. because galway is big enough and theres nothing good going on. it would be great to organise something so that we could have fun on winter evenings aswell :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 faceplant

good idea hoffman.did you make any progress.finding a building will be a challange.if you need any help locating a warehouse,Carpenters or Volunteers i would be happy to help.

come on everyone lets do something the winter is obviously gona be a rough one and im already bored!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 adventurfox

great idea keep me posted on your progress . just what the city needs. with a lot of commercial space lying empty mabey you could look at having part of the park indoors for those rainy days and dark evenings. let me know if i can help in any way

I could easily give some help with building everything... it's pretty hard for one person to organise tough so it would be cool if there was atleast some chipping in..

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

Guys that post was in 2007. It never happened and most likely never will. Not half enough skaters in the city to even bother with it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bmx cian

hey this is a great idea am all are skateparks outside and we live in ireland and rain 365 days a year also ya a galway bmx and skateboarding club

i will help u in anyway keep me posted and im all ears

Stealth200K.jpg hey this is a skatepark design from ireland skateparks only it costs 200k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

200k for a modular park ? Thats about 190k too much. For 200k you should get a proper concrete park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mtb6900

I know you sent this 6 years ago but how is it coming along or have you given up on the idea I just want to ask where abouts is it if it is there

Advertisement