Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul Howard has become the object of his own ridicule?

Options
  • 05-07-2007 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

Paul Howard is the creator of Ross O'Carroll Kelly.

Had dinner in the excellent Diep La Shakur on Saturday. My girlfriend pointed out a short stocky stereotypical d4-type with two other ones wearing rugby jerseys and said it was Paul Howard. He looks exactly like a character from his books should look.

I was told he said his early books were a way for him to get back at the people he was jealous of growing up. Undermines himself pretty badly that no?

Was surprised anyways. Not such a class warrior after all then.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭little miss

Oh, that's disappointing to hear! Love the books though. So funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

His books are ace.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 168 ✭✭girliegirl

He is a funny guy. My impression was that he wrote the books as a way of slagging off both people he knew and himself really… the ability to laugh at himself. I think they fact that people from all walks of life, including D4 types, laugh at his books reiterates this… it’s good to be able to laugh at yourself sometimes!

Regardless of what he’s like in real life, nothing will ever take away from his books for me!

Advertisement