Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limewire

Options
  • 04-07-2007 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

:( In trying to renew my LimewirePro subscription I seem to have ended up subscribing to a music download site called 360Share Pro. It looks like Limewire except it cost me €43, I could have downloaded Limewire free but decided to go for the Pro version as previously. If you Google musicformembers.com there are a lot of disgruntled people posted there. There is also no way to directly contact 360Pro to either cancel all or part of what I paid (half of the €43 was for NetSpyProtector which I did not realise I was buying. Anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Call your credit card company , tell them a company made an unauthorized transaction.....

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

I've had problems with limewire and virus, computer performance in the past so eventually just took it off my machine and stayed away from them. Would you not try torrents instead, much easier? Sorry no use to current problem but just a suggestion for future downloads.

I'm sure you found this already but did a quick google:
    http://www.gnutellaforums.com/open-discussion-topics/34352-how-can-i-cancel-get-my-money-back.html

suggestion from jhegarty is probably the best option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

What the OP did is download something else from a site that has nothing to do with limewire. She didn't even bother looking at what she was doing.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

People pay for Limeware....why?
    What benefit is their....less adware and spyware?

They get "super charged" downloads for the fee:rolleyes:
    OP: You wilfully divulged your details to this crowd and as such your credit card company will have no sympathy for you. Cancel the card and cut your losses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

You can find limewire Pro on standard limewire and download it free of charge from there in future, it'll save you having to pay for it!!!!

File sharing at it's best...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

gillo wrote:
    File sharing at it's best...

That's a joke, right?

I'd consider a PC with Limewire installed as compromised. Dban, then a re-image with Ghost..

---

If you want to use Limewire, do yourself a favour and download the 'open source' version of it.

Win - Mac OS X - Ubuntu/Debian - Fedora/Red Hat

Frostwire: http://www.frostwire.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Amalgam wrote:
    cool, cheers for link

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Amalgam wrote:
    That's a joke, right?

I'd consider a PC with Limewire installed as compromised. Dban, then a re-image with Ghost..

absolutely BUT you can still download for FREE the pay version of limewire.

seriously just get rapidshare there is no reason not to

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

It requires Java version 1.5 for it to be used...also if you are in the program and it says that frostwire has to update don't click yes. All it does is install limewire again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Limewire does not come pre-packed with viruses/spyware (that iv noticed). The only possible way to get such items onto a PC would be by searching for dodgy files, and downloading them.

P2P Filesharing comes with that risk anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭oleras

I Guess you learned lesson number 1, if its free, no need to give your credit card details, only cost you 50 bucks to find that one out :D.

I vote rapidshare also..........

As for getting the money back........ not gona happen im afraid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

haven't used limewire in a long time. last time i used it my puter got riddled wit viruses.

lol @ OP not thinking for trying to search on limewire basic for limewire pro

Advertisement