Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dig Tulsk!

Options
  • 04-07-2007 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭

Is anywhere here volunteering on the archaeological Dig in Tulsk Village this summer? I did it last year and it was brilliant, loads of variety, hard work and great friendships made. Fell in love with Roscomon as a result of the 3 weeks i spent there!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

I see how you could fall in love with Ros'..........but Tulsk of all places!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Was staying in Castlerea in Clonalis and loved the town. (dont ask why!).
    I think Strokestown really sold the county for me, so much so i would willingly leave my beloved Cork and move there if a work opportunity arose. Tulsk isnt that bad, its a nice country area and kellys is a grand pub (plus the archaeology is really amazing!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

There was an old schoolfriend from Cork I used to play guitar with, he was from Tulsk, and had named his rock band 'Tulsk' too. Always thought it was a cool name for a band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Didn't Christy Moore have a song or something that mentioned Tulsk?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭claw14

"Mountbellew was like purgatory but Tulsk was just like being in hell"
    It's a line from "If I get an Encore". It's a reference to a row that broke out in a venue in Tulsk one night when he was playing there.......Good few years ago before Christy banned drink at his gigs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement